THEY HAVE SHIPPED!

I'll have to give them a try if I'm ever looking for a large order. I ordered from Meyer because I only had to order a minimum of 3 and I really didn't need 15 or 25 chickens. Unfortunately my coop just isn't big enough. I think I'm definitely going to try. If one of my Easter Eggers turns out to be a roo like I think it is I am going to try to weasel a bator out of my DH for Christmas or my birthday. Have you ever hatched anything crossed with a silkie before? If so do you have any pictures I could look at?

I would love to have an incubator! I think I might try hatching next time, especially if we end up with a roo.

Oops! Just saw this. Haha. SO glad they are healthy and happy!!!

Thanks! How are yours doing?

Thats wonderful news Kattington. I'm very happy that everyones chicks arrived safe and sound. So far with mine it seems like only two have gotten pasty butt. They all seem to be doing wonderfully this morning, little happy cheepers.

Thanks! Glad your babies are doing well!

thats awesome dominique man. Definitely post pictures when you get them. I think if I'm going to order a small shipment of chicks again I will definitely use Meyers. The shipping was fast and beside the tracking info not updating I am very satisfied.

I am pleased with my Meyer order, too. The first shipment of chicks didn't make it, likely due to mishandling by the post office. Meyer also sent a heat pack with the first batch that they probably didn't need (they died from heatstroke). This second batch arrived without a heat pack and was perfectly healthy! They are so cute and active. We put a sandbox in their brooder today and they LOVE it.

I should try a small sand box for mine. thanks for the idea Leah. My big girls just went out into their run for the first time today.. They seemed so happy.

I had paper towels over puppy pads at first, because I really wanted to make sure they were pooping enough, haha. But now I have them on pine shavings and they like scratching around in those better. I put the sand in there and the 2 buff orpingtons took to it first - now when one gets in there, they ALL get in there!

Back
Top Bottom