Things are looking brighter! Is it the holidays?

McCord6

Away
10 Years
Sep 9, 2009
Lake Butler (Union County)
wee.gif
YAY! HUBBY GOT THE JOB!!!!!
celebrate.gif

It's part time for right now but it will change to full time after the holidays. We are gonna MAKE IT!
Since the job is an hour and a half away from our home, hubby will be staying with my mom during the week and be home on weekends since the kids have school.

Also, after hubby got back from Jacksonville, his friend took him, hubby had a hard time starting our own truck up which was parked in the front of the property in front of our land lady's house. A guy came up to hubby and asked if he was having any thoughts of selling the truck. Hubby told him he doesn't want to but he is trying to find a smaller truck that will save gas. The guy told him he has a truck that is "younger" has ext cab, smaller then my husbands' HUGE 1983 Ford F150 that saves alot of gas and he wants to trade. Hubby told him that there are some problems with the Ford that are not major but COSTY (Needs a new Carborator, and needs a hole fixed in the gas tank, we can't fill the tank up or else it will leak and waste gas so we keep it at half a tank) and we have another truck that is for parts to repair the body of this truck. The guy said NO PROBLEM. Hubby is going over there now to look at the guys' truck. Dont know what kind it is but he said it's a 1995. I will hear more about that when hubby gets back.

Also, hubby found out what is wrong with my van!
celebrate.gif
ABOUT TIME! He found out that there is a missing part in the power steering. He spoke to another mechanic friend and asked what he thought was wrong and the friend told him to check for a missing bolt. Sure enough, he was right. A bolt was missing in the power steering.
thumbsup.gif
Easy fix. Now all we have to do, repair wise, is get a new bolt and take care of the transmission seal and replace the battery cables then it is good and ready for Tag and Insurance.
ya.gif

Hubby is still saying the van isn't worth it since the radio doesn't work and the engine light is always on rather there is a problem or not. I say I dont care...if it runs...then it's good enough for me!

bun.gif
yippiechickie.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

Im just a happy camper today...

Quote:
Im not alone...land lady is home during the day, she is only gone for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, she is the school bus driver. Also we have my SIL right down the street. My mom wouldn't let him leave me all week if we didn't have a labor plan.

Quote:
Im not alone...land lady is home during the day, she is only gone for 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, she is the school bus driver. Also we have my SIL right down the street. My mom wouldn't let him leave me all week if we didn't have a labor plan.

Sounds good.
smile.png
Hopefully it will start on a week-end.

Back
Top Bottom