Things you never said until you had chickens.......

This is not something I said but a dream. This weekend my girls house will be finished and they will be leaving the safety of my garage.....Think I must be having separation anxiety. I dreamed last night there was a huge snake curled up in the pen with my girls last night.....woke up scared, had to go peek on them.....LOL

Yep...I am CHICKEN CRAZY!!!
ya.gif
:)

I keep trying to tell myself Its not that bad. Just a phase ... just a phase...Sure they're cute and funny ..and sweet ...annoying and entertaining ... nosey as hell! And always, always happy to see me :) Even worse I find myself looking through the baby chick hatching thread! OMG I do not need a baby chicken. Because then I'd have to have 3 or 25 .. and I've seen what happens to those people. They're chickenholics! Are you a chickenholic??? :p

"Can you put that on the roost? Ummm... I mean shelf."

"It time for the kids to go in their coop." In reference to my human kids.

DH keeps giving me weird looks because I am using chicken terms for everyday stuff. I can't help it. I'm addicted!!!

Tonight I put one of my Cochins in an isolation pen for picking on my smallest hen.
Me to hubby: It's not like she's that mean, I've just seen her picking on Fuzzy Top. (I'm worried I'm doing the wrong thing.)
Hubby: Well, it's not that bad and at the very least it will keep her humble.

Hubby: You think I can catch a roster?
Me: No. (As I sneak up on and catch the rooster)
Hubby gives me a funny look...
Me: I said you couldn't. I didn't say I couldn't!

:)

I keep trying to tell myself Its not that bad. Just a phase ... just a phase...Sure they're cute and funny ..and sweet ...annoying and entertaining ... nosey as hell! And always, always happy to see me :) Even worse I find myself looking through the baby chick hatching thread! OMG I do not need a baby chicken. Because then I'd have to have 3 or 25 .. and I've seen what happens to those people. They're chickenholics! Are you a chickenholic??? :p
Well, I am trying to maintain at 10 hens but yes I do think I am a Chickenholic. I keep trying to tell my non-chicken people how COOL chickens really are, and what personalities they have...but they just look at me like I am crazy and laugh. My boyfriend just see's them as barnyard animals that will one day be big enough to go on his dinner plate. To me......they are my babies :) I have an aunt in Florida who recently started with chickens and she went from 6 chicks to 51 plus a rooster
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom