Things you never said until you had chickens.......

PeuAPeu

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
Alabama
"Honey, do you want me to take the chicken off of the sofa?" (in reference to the little baby chick that got injured today and is swaddled in a crumpled up sheet on one end of the sofa)

lau.gif

Do you have any off the wall things you have said that sounded funny?

"Yes love, I am almost ready. The kids are dressed and waiting. Just let me check for pasty butt and we can go"

"Someone get the dang Chicken out of the van, she laid an egg in the drivers seat again."

"I just sat on an egg"

I would have more but I only remember the last few days.

"you can tell we are normal, most people would flip out if there was chicken poop on the couch, here, its more like "meh, get a clorox wipe".." (my son had slid on poop on the floor without anyone noticing until he sat on the couch and smeared it on the couch too....but the best part was my mom who said this before the last comment...)

(points finger and touches brown smudge on son's shirt) " what is THAT on your shirt??" touches, sniffs finger, jumps up running "OH MY GAWD IT'S CHICKEN ****!!!!!" (all while still dressed in her uniform *she is a cop*) LOLOLOL!!!!

"do you think the chickens will like the pink paint?"

"they just love me for my corn"

"please dont poop on me....please dont poop on me!"

"ummmm you cant eat with the chick on your shoulder....it may poop on your food and i am not wasting food so we will just scrape it off!" (ok that was a threat but it made a good argument to the kids!)

"Don't forget to make sure all the lights are turned on when we leave."

"Where's the flashlight, I don't think I locked the girls up."

I'm sure there's more.

But honey, I gotta take 'Bird with us! He's not feeling well.

Yes Mom, MayMay will be coming with us for Easter dinner. No she is not being served.

What do you mean you dont have a diaper in her size?

It's only poop. It will wash off, or just give it a flick.

Don't you DARE turn the lights off.

Honey, how about a furnace for the tajmahal?

(at 2 in the morning in the middle of winter) But it's so cold out and I have an extra down comforter that's really old....

They are NOT just chickens, they are MY chickens.

Sorry, I can not go this year, I dont have a sitter.

No, she's not fat! She's just fluffy.
and the list goes on and on.....

Quote:

Can you post how you made the seed cake please? Mine is (picking one of my buff orpingtons) peck me again and there is a roasting pan with your name on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
: )
I ground ¼ cup sesame seed, ¼ cup of quinoa and 4 egg shells in my food processor. Added it to abt. 1 ½ cups of crumble, a cup of black oil sunflower seed, ½ cup of fresh toasted spinach and ½ cup of millet in my mixer. Whisked together the 4 eggs with abt ¾ cup of honey, 1 tbsp of water and ¼ tsp glycerin until it was glossy. Added that to the mixer bowl and blended on low speed until well mixed. Pressed it into a baking pan and baked it @ 300 for 25 minutes on the center rack.
Fresh out of the oven I cut it into blocks and transferred it to a cooling rack as soon as it was set enough to move out of the pan. I put it in the freezer.
I did nibble one... What can I say, they smell divine! Bleh! They taste like chicken food! I guess thats not going to be my favorite dish lol My chickens like it though :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom