Things you never said until you had chickens.......

funny story this morning :p
so its 40 degree's farenheight and my little babies first winter or cold weather so I put one in my jacket because she was particularly cold,
my mom calls me and I walk up to the door, just the chickens head sticking out of the collar of my jacket and my mom asks "what is in your jacket?"
me "a chicken"
mom "get the chicken out of your jacket!"
me "but she's cold!"
mom "well then put the chicken in the coop, thats what it was made for anyway" and she goes inside
I proceed to put the chicken back in the coop and she refuses to leave my jacket :p so the next 10 min are spent removing the chicken from my warm jacket to go inside,
never thought I would say there was a chicken in my jacket LOL

this morning my roo decided to wake up at 630. since i was up studying i brought him in the house so the neighbors would not get mad(im not supposed to have him) but i decided to let him out at 730 since he was crowing in. my. house. before i put him out he sat right next to me on the couch and crowed full force in my ear. i looked at him and said "I JUST BOUGHT A NEW STEW POT...WANNA SEE IF IT WORKS?!?!" and then i sent him back outside...little jerk lol

this morning my roo decided to wake up at 630. since i was up studying i brought him in the house so the neighbors would not get mad(im not supposed to have him) but i decided to let him out at 730 since he was crowing in. my. house. before i put him out he sat right next to me on the couch and crowed full force in my ear. i looked at him and said "I JUST BOUGHT A NEW STEW POT...WANNA SEE IF IT WORKS?!?!" and then i sent him back outside...little jerk lol
lau.gif
gig.gif

1. Yes we get it you layed an egg.....again....
2. Thats my toe NOT A WORM......
3. Shut the door before miggy walks in!
4. Can you imagine if chickens ruled the world? we would all be forced to eat worms and crack corn ALL day!!!!
5. STAY OUT OF THE CAT FOOD YOUR NOT A CAT!!
6. Just b/c its in the yard does not mean its you personal dust bath!!!!!!!!!uggg:)

Last edited:
I don't recall ever saying the phrase "pasty butt" until I had chickens.
smile.png

I have a recipe for a delicious meat pie (shepherds pie sort of) but the title of it is "Perfect Pasty" and I ran across it last week when I was looking for my meatloaf recipe. Needless to say...I won't be reading that recipe the same way, nor eating the pasty the same way ...ever again, since getting chickens.

Last edited:
Me: why are you girls on the porch again?
Hens:-cocks their heads-
Me:its time for bed do in to your coop!!
a feeder hen: Bagock!!!(i have no clue how you spell this lol)
-runs off-
Me: Goodbye to you too!

I don't recall ever saying the phrase "pasty butt" until I had chickens. :)

I have a recipe for a delicious meat pie (shepherds pie sort of) but the title of it is "Perfect Pasty" and I ran across it last week when I was looking for my meatloaf recipe.  Needless to say...I won't be reading that recipe the same way, nor eating the pasty the same way ...ever again, since getting chickens.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom