Things you never said until you had chickens.......

'Jeeze, You pooped in my coat pocket AGAIN?' Of course the only possible way to find the poop is to stick one's hand in the pocket.
sickbyc.gif

"Out of the way fat ***! " my daughter talking to Cedar, a golden laced cochin, who was keeping the other chicks and ducks away from the greens.
"hey are you throwing that out? " to the produce manager while he was changing out fresh produce.
"it looks like a barn in here" my husbands remark of the wood chips and straw being tracked around the house from the temp housing in our dinning room..
"Should I bring the girls in, its 19 out, I can just lock them in the dinning room for the night"
mom: "sorry if I stink"
daughter: "oh its not too bad, why?"
mom: " I didnt realize what time it was, I've been cleaning the coop" picking my daughter up from school

"good thing we got Isis before the house next door is sold" regarding our new pekin duck, who likes to quack...A LOT

Me: Mom guess what I want for Christmas.
Mom: Chicken stuff.
Me: How'd you guess!!!??
Mom: I took a wild guess.
Me: You DID??!!!
Mom: No!!!! I'm your Mom and I know that you love chickens so of course your would want chicken stuff.
Me: OOhhhh. Well, that's some good thinking there Mom!!!

Me N My Friend...

Me: Lets try to get Tommy into the Christmas spirit (Tommy is my delaware who wants absolutley NOTHING to do with ANYTHING aside from Food... he just growls at anything)
Friend: Ooooooookay... *Walk into the chicken coop..*
Me: on three... 1....2... 3!!
Both: WE WISH YOu A merry Christmas, We wish you a merry Christmas, We WIsh you a merry Christmas, And A Happy New year.. YAY!! MERRY CHRISTMAS, Tommy, Smoke, ducks, and Laying hens...
Tommy: Grrrrrrrrowl owl owl... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Me: Hey, Lets make some Oatmeal for the birds...
Friend: ooooooooooooookay..
Dad comes home. Hey, *insert my friend's name here* what are you doing?
Friend: stirring oatmeal.
Dad: Ookay.. *Rolls eyes and walks away*

The other day... "Smoke has cold Feet... Maybe we should put straw down for him..."

Last edited:
Things I never said before I had chickens:

"Oh come on! It's just a brown poo. The green ones are the worst."
"You can sit here once I get the chicken off."

Back
Top Bottom