Things you never said until you had chickens.......

welcome-byc.gif
The Chicken4U!!!!!

My Dad, after he had seen the fruit snacks on the lawn.
Dad: Why are there fruit snacks all over the place?
Me: Huh? Oh. Cause I was giving the chickens some.
Dad: They don't have teeth.
Me: I know! But, I start it for them, then they just pull the rest off.
Dad: *silence*

Today I had a bunch of friends with kids friends over. I left the front door open while everyone was arriving. After about 5 minutes I hear,

"Um, there's a chicken in your house." Sure enough, she's pecking at something in my front entry way.

"Ah, yes," I answered, "She's a 'special' chicken that thinks she's a dog. I'd better throw her out and close the door!"

She's also the chicken that lays an egg on my front porch almost every day as a peace offering for how pathetic she is.

"A farmer was driving his tractor in a field. He noticed the field had goats and chickens. He counted 17 heads and 38 legs. How many of each type of animals were in the field?"
I am a math teacher by trade and before I got chickens I would have never written a story problem involving chickens.

"My toes aren't mealworms!"

*General gushy, luvey-dovey, hatch-encouraging cooing at eggs in the incubator* While webbroadcasting said cooing to thousands watching the hatch and not even realizing I'm doing it.

"No, I don't have any goodies. Sometimes it's just me." Announced to a bunch of clearly disappointed girls.

Back
Top Bottom