Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Lol! sry, but these are quail statements. No chickens... yet! Hoping for some soon!

"Awwww!!! Look at those wittle fwuffy bottoms!! They are soooo FLUFFY!!!!"

"Quick, lower the heat lamp!! It's only 90 degrees! They're sooo cold!"

"Oh, wow! Look at how brown their eyes are!! And he just sits there and stares at you!!"

(When they had grown feathers on their bodies, but not their heads) "Look how tiny their heads are compared to their bodies!!! They look so FAT AND CHUBBY WUBBY!!!"

Oh, hi!:) I'm Elaine and I just got a 1 month old chickie. Her chest has a bump on her right side and her left side seems normal. Is this normal?? PLEASE REPLY! Anyone!! D:

my friend asked me what was on my pants it looks like poop.i looked down and notice it was chicken poop.i just told her it was dirt while thinking how it got there.
"did you just poop on me?"(under the roost checking eggs)
"i cleaned a chick's butt today,how was your day?"

I call my wife "Chicken Mama"

My Son Charlie named two of his chickens, one is Tornado and the other is Heckta

My Daughter Natalie named her chicken Vanilla, the next day a Hawk ate her head off....(yea...sad I know)

what are the other chickens names you ask...why 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.

Oh, hi!:) I'm Elaine and I just got a 1 month old chickie. Her chest has a bump on her right side and her left side seems normal. Is this normal?? PLEASE REPLY! Anyone!! D:
Not sure if this is something funny you said but...
This is normal... It is her crop full of food.
If you do not know what a crop is please use this website to research more about your chickens anatomy
This is a great site!
welcome-byc.gif

"I AM A CHICKEN GRANDMA!!!!!"

"My eggs are fertilized"

"My pet makes me breakfast!"

There are sooo sooo many more

Just thought of another one...

"Smell this chickens breath... Does it smell funny?"

Last edited:
Went to collect the eggs right after the girls went to roost. Came out with the eggs and my dad was in the yard talking to my husband. I told them both,

"It's pretty sad when you can reach into one of the nest boxes and know exactly who's in there just by the reaction you receive!"

Bullwinkle bites me if I reach for eggs while she's in there. She's not even broody, she just likes to sleep in the nest box from time to time. No squawk or warning,
just a quick jab bite. I have another hen that if you reach in, even if she is trying to lay an egg, she will stand up, let you gather the eggs, then sit back down and
go back to work on laying that egg!

Back
Top Bottom