Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"Oh honey, It's ok. You are fine. I just need to look at your butt for a moment." (Flips chick on back and examines rear.) "Ok, you passed butt inspection. Good to to go, my little one!"

We were looking through the Chicken Breed book and DH came across a picture of a Dorking and he says," aww the hen looks like a quilt."

We brought the teenagers in while DH was doing a repair on the run and coop.
I have "toddlers and babies" in 2 brooders. I have a small cat bowl with water in that has a papertowel in the bottom. Mind you the paper towel was there when I brought the teens in,I go in to check on them and notice the paper towel is missing. I say,"Okay,which one of you butthats(but used the other word) ate that paper towel?" DH about fell off the bed laughing.

ETA DH and I were talking about getting my uncle a trailer and placing it on the back acre so he has a place to enjoy life at without worries of being evicted or whatever. My husband said by the time we get his place, he will be living in the chicken run since we keep expanding it. I thought about it and then said "you think he would mind?"

I love how you call them your babies, toddlers and teens!
wink.png

"Please stop pecking at my glasses."

"Please stop trying to pull my beard out one hair at a time!"

"Bite me one more time suck'a and you're dinner!"

To my DH as he flings himself with FF "let me know it that stuff burns i need to know for the chickens cuz when i feed it gets all over them i dont want them hurting". He goes on to answer like its the norm for him to be a guinea pig for the birds.

Today my 11yr old son says "i know which ones are girls mom they have fluffier butts" lol

My 3yr old daughter today " eww bugs yummy yummy". As the chickens are eating up all the bugs after we removed wood on the ground (At least she is no longer dancing and screaming for us to kill it)

Back
Top Bottom