Things you never said until you had chickens.......

My neighbor griping because I left a patch of weeds in my yard, he was telling me he would mow them down if I didn't. I told him touch those weeds and I will sick Nugget on you, he loves that weed patch,he finds the best grasshoppers there! Nugget is a Cornish Rock X that my 5 year old had to have,when I didn't want it,but he kind of grew on me. Neighbor" your chickens are going to be weak with as much spoiling as you do." I look at him" what you don't go to the store and buy your dogs treats?"

That isn't a rooster you are holding that's a hen,as if on cue Courage crowed to prove him wrong! My neighbor swears up and down he knows everything about chickens as he grew up on a chicken farm.
gig.gif

I wish I had taken a picture of his face when I showed him my Frizzle Thad! I got a that's a chicken, are you sure?
he.gif

I sometimes wish he was like my other neighbor he just smiles waves and goes on about his business,but this one is a little nosy and quick to offer "His Wisdom"
lau.gif

My neighbor griping because I left a patch of weeds in my yard, he was telling me he would mow them down if I didn't. I told him touch those weeds and I will sick Nugget on you, he loves that weed patch,he finds the best grasshoppers there! Nugget is a Cornish Rock X that my 5 year old had to have,when I didn't want it,but he kind of grew on me. Neighbor" your chickens are going to be weak with as much spoiling as you do." I look at him" what you don't go to the store and buy your dogs treats?"

That isn't a rooster you are holding that's a hen,as if on cue Courage crowed to prove him wrong! My neighbor swears up and down he knows everything about chickens as he grew up on a chicken farm.
gig.gif

I wish I had taken a picture of his face when I showed him my Frizzle Thad! I got a that's a chicken, are you sure?
he.gif

I sometimes wish he was like my other neighbor he just smiles waves and goes on about his business,but this one is a little nosy and quick to offer "His Wisdom"
lau.gif
I am learning some people just dont understand us "chicken' people. My boyfriend and son just shake their heads at me and discuss how they are going to eat my chickens. UGH!!
barnie.gif

My husband went to buy 3 chicks came home with 4 chicks and a rooster,that is slightly aggressive. I asked him about why he brought the rooster home,his response was they were going to eat him and he is too pretty to eat. The rooster is a Bantam Silver Phoenix. My husband also said "Honey, it's the chicken math".
he.gif
So now we are stuck with an extra rooster.

To my son, "Hurry and grab that egg before we let the chickens out. No I do not care if you get poop on your hands, they are washable. Did we make sure all the girls are in the house tonight?" I could probably go on forever.

Went into TSC looking for chicken nipples. My 16 year old daughter walks up to the lady at the register where there was a young male employee standing near by and she said "Excuse me,but do you have chicken nipples?" The lady at the counter turned [COLOR=FF0000]red[/COLOR], the young man who was standing there,got this serious look on his face;like he was thinking, then he looksher all serious,then says "I didn't know chickens had nipples." We all laughed then DD went on to explain what chicken nipples are exactly.  Needless to say they didn't carry them,so we went to Gebo's where I went in and caught an older male employee off guard,the look he gave me and DH priceless! He even called his manager over and asked,when I explained the purpose of the chicken nipple he clicked and showed me something similar. He also proceeded to tell us he wasn't sure if we were asking a loaded question. :gig

That one had me giggling and woke DW up. She asked what was so funny I just said it was only the chicken nipples. She says huh? I say dont worry they won't hurt ya. She shakes her head and goes back to sleep.

Kids running to BF's truck...'The turkey hatched in Mom's hands!'

BF to me in a text...'hon rains comin' put the babies in'

Me on facebook...'There is a chicken in bed with me'

Conversation with my mom
What are you doing?
Having a beer with Red
Who's red? Does your BF know you're out?
Mom I'm at home
What!?
Mom Red is a turkey...

Back
Top Bottom