Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Got some whole grain bread for my chickens and a nice older lady said it was nice that my kids would eat that. My son quickly informed her they only eat white bread, and this was for the 12 toddlers we keep in the growout cage in the backyard. I though she was going to call child services on me!

Got some whole grain bread for my chickens and a nice older lady said it was nice that my kids would eat that. My son quickly informed her they only eat white bread, and this was for the 12 toddlers we keep in the growout cage in the backyard. I though she was going to call child services on me!

Oh I laughed at this!! My 5 yr old son informed the cashier at the grocery store that he has a chicken named Horny Henry and that he chicken stacks Drumstick. I came up with a quick coverup and told the lady he means Ornery Henry talk about turning red!
gig.gif
I refer to my chickens as the Teens,Toddlers and babies.

Now that is HILARIOUS!!!
lau.gif

Oh I laughed at this!! My 5 yr old son informed the cashier at the grocery store that he has a chicken named Horny Henry and that he chicken stacks Drumstick. I came up with a quick coverup and told the lady he means Ornery Henry talk about turning red!
gig.gif
I refer to my chickens as the Teens,Toddlers and babies.
I have 3 silkies (One white that often had pasty butt as a hatchling-named her Uncle Si)........Uncle Si, Jase and Willie (duck dynasty). We lovingly call them "The Robertsons".

oh, yes, I call chicks "babies" and "Tweens" or "adolescents.". If there are a bunch of one age which tend to hang together, they may get their own appellation such as "Gang of Five" or "Musketeers," or the like.

Right now I have four adolescent "Hooligans" in the flock. They were hatched by my House Silkie so they still think they should roost <I>in the house</I>. Yup, I have to chase Hooligans out of the house on a regular basis. :lau

oh, yes, I call chicks "babies" and "Tweens" or "adolescents.". If there are a bunch of one age which tend to hang together, they may get their own appellation such as "Gang of Five" or "Musketeers," or the like.

Right now I have four adolescent "Hooligans" in the flock. They were hatched by my House Silkie so they still think they should roost in the house. Yup, I have to chase Hooligans out of the house on a regular basis.
lau.gif

You sound like me only with the toddlers shooing them back into their room multiple times a day. I say "IN IN IN" and my OEGB's turn around look at me and run the opposite way,so I holler for the kids to come shoo them back this way.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom