Things you never said until you had chickens.......

My partner comes in the laundry and says:

"babe! What are you doing to that chicken"?
1f627.png

Me - Fluffing her bum feathers and blow drying her: "her bum was dirty so I bathed her! I bet she feels better now!"
263a.png

Boyfriend: Ok!!
1f633.png
And slowly shuts the door with wierd/worried look!!

Hahahaha
1f602.png
love this thread!!

Ahhh the one I forgot: I think I'll walk the girls down the road to the empty block so they can have a scratch around (all five of them), it will be like a field trip for them! I think they'd like that! What do you reckon Babe?!
1f60f.png

Boyfriend-
1f633.png

Me:
1f614.png
maybe not then!!

My boyfriend comes out of the laundry where there's a chicken and randomly says "do you reckon the girls tell stories about how they all started out in the laundry?" Haha

Mine all started out in either the bathroom where I first brooded chicks or the room I call my "office." It is really an Incubation Room or Nursery.

Three of my hens come inside the house to lay their eggs in an empty brooder bin, so I believe they recall their beginnings. :D

One hen lays daily in the clean linen bin in the bathroom.

The other fifty some hens either lay in nest boxes in the coop or in a nest I set up for three other hens who want to lay on the potting bench... But the eggs rolled off. So I put a milk crate there for those gals.

I have been heard to say, "No, don't even think about it - no laying on the window cat perch!"

I just told my blue frizzle roo Thad if he didn't quit bullying the other toddlers that I was going to use him to clean the gun. He just looked at me and cheeped.

Told my 10 yr old DD you might want to put your boots or tennis shoes on because your toe nails are painted and they will try to eat your toes,she didn't listen came in running from the run because Ginger tried to eat her little toe.

This morning I was woken up around 5:30 by my EE chick Hershey landing on my forehead apparently she has figured out how to escape the brooder and bathroom door. I just picked her up off my head and said Well good morning to you! Then I called my husband and told him I had a Hershey on my forehead this morning,he replied with at least she didn't leave a kiss(poop) on it.
gig.gif

"Save that aquarium! I'm going to use it for my mealworm farm."

"Don't put the top back on the compost bin! I want the girls to find some more of those big maggots!"

"Come on girls, time to hunt earwigs!"

If someone had told me a couple of months ago that mealworms, earwigs or ginormous maggots would fill me with glee, I would have thought they were crazy. I used to scream in horror when I ran across a cockroach in the compost bin. Now I just scream for the girls to eat it.

I just told my blue frizzle roo Thad if he didn't quit bullying the other toddlers that I was going to use him to clean the gun. He just looked at me and cheeped.

Told my 10 yr old DD you might want to put your boots or tennis shoes on because your toe nails are painted and they will try to eat your toes,she didn't listen came in running from the run because Ginger tried to eat her little toe.

This morning I was woken up around 5:30 by my EE chick Hershey landing on my forehead apparently she has figured out how to escape the brooder and bathroom door. I just picked her up off my head and said Well good morning to you! Then I called my husband and told him I had a Hershey on my forehead this morning,he replied with at least she didn't leave a kiss(poop) on it.
gig.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom