Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Franny Faye did you just poop on me? Peck on my ear I guess that was her way of saying yes!

Me to my Andalusian Blue Daffodil.while trying to get a hair tie from her put it down it isn't a worm,catch that chicken she has my hair tie.

Princess Peach get your fluffy butt back in that coop before you become cat food!

Pablo quit mounting my hens in front of me before I turn you into dinner.

Me to my 8 year old daughter "grab Henry before he gets out" I turned around for a second to shoo a chick back into the coop then turn to check on my 8 year old and here she comes carrying Henry upside down by his legs I ask her why and she tells me oh he went to flog me so I snatched him up! Funny seeing a tiny little girl carrying this big buff orp roo. Kind of made me proud that she didn't turn to run instead she man handled him. I gave her a high five for it but told her next time to pin him down and pick him up,which she now does and poor Henry just lets her pick him up.

No, We are working on getting a camera to put up but nothing yet. We do have locks on the pens at night though
smile.png
Yes, We have reported it several time and they said that they could try to help us get a camera but we are still waiting for the response
hmm.png
Yes, It has happened during the day and night but mostly will we are gone. That's why we bought the locks
big_smile.png
. We where gone helping at a concert for 4-5 hours and wile we where gone is when pore Boyo (Creamer) got shot in the head with a BB. Thankfully we weren't gone for a couple days otherwise we might not have Creamer right now
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
. The BB is still in his head and all vets within about a 2 drive said they can't see chickens.
We think it's the older couple living close to us because they let them out when we where gone for only 15 minutes and they don't talk to us much. Plus we know all of the kids near us and they are good kids.
lol.png

We are good old fashion rednecks who salve stuff the redneck way and when we do find out who has been hurting them they will have nightmares about coming back here
somad.gif
.Mwa hahahaha
pop.gif
hide.gif

I hate chicken thieves. We've already had 3 stolen roosters and NO results from the police.

Last edited:
"Silly duckling,I know you don't mean to hurt me when you practically eat my lips off, you're giving me duckling kisses!"

"I need you to help me check for pasty butt"

"Get the bucked of warm water, we've got an egg bound!"

"Where the heck did that corn go???"

"Mom, the goose just attacked the neighbor because I was talking to her"

"Mom, the goose made a nest in the lawn chair again"

"Hush you old goose, I can't hold you right now!"

"Don't let the chickens out! The goose is already in the ponds and he'll attack them when they get thirsty!"

"Check for poultry poop on you before you come inside!!"

"Shut the door and get the gosling out! She doesn't have her diaper!""

"Nattie!, did you put the duck harness on the toys again? I need it! Were going to the park and I don't want duck poo in the car!"

We have a dog, but she is essentialy ueless as a guard dog because she goes under the house and goes to sleep and doesn't wake up until someone stomp on the porch over her head. UGH! And the coop is at the back of a fully fenced and gated property. I am almost always here (stay at home mom right now) so there are limited times this could have happened. Our bedroom faces the coop and we hear if they get riled up at night and go running out, gun in hand to deal with any predators *evil grin* two or four legged variety! The hole we discovered after I had helped at some local food banks during one week, was gone about 3 hours one day and 4 the next. The day the chickens were missing, we helped a friend move and were gone quite a bit. The police were called but we were told since there was no real "evidence" other than two chickens gone, the door open, and the trash can pulled a dozen yards out of the shed- there was nothing they could do since we couldn't prove which chickens were ours because "they all look alike", they were no help whatsoever. And ruffed my feathers to boot because of their sort of snickering behind their hands about someone mad about chickens being gone. *glares* Even when the hole was cut, they did agree it looked cut and there were some scuff marks below where it was cut... but they said they wouldn't do any prints or anything because it takes up to 2 years to get prints back unless its a high priority case. So they did the same things both times- took our info, snickered at us, and told us we were effed. Thanks, officers. Appreciate the help.

Electric fence and a game camera?

Back
Top Bottom