Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"Ryan, no more TV. Its time to change your diaper and then you're going to sleep."

"Ryan, you can't just wake up in the middle of night and hop out of bed to go for a swim in the dogs water bowl."

"Ryan! My ears aren't food."

"Stop following me silly goose, you aren't my shadow."

We arrived home with the truck loaded down with groceries,DH honks the horn to get our older kids' attention,next thing you see are 40 chickens making a mad dash towards the coop! I am laughing and my husband says I wish I knew that was all it took to round them up I would have done it sooner,instead of chasing 25 little chicks around the run looking crazy.

My 16 year old was checking the 4 day old chicks for pasty bum and as she reached for the mini rooster he did this ninja jump,she now calls him ninja.

Just wanted to let everyone about a new group on Facebook called All Things Rural/Self Sustaining/Animal/Ect. PM me if you would like to join! All BYC people are welcome. It is a closed group. But I'm inviting everyone from here!

Had a girls night out last night and this was one of our conversations.....

one friend says, " Would you swim in the lake?"

my reply, " Yeah, I would jump in the lake butt naked"

the other friend said, " Yeah but, you also have chickens!"

my reply, " Yes, yes that's true!"

lau.gif

p.s.- they thought I was crazy owning chickens...that is until I gave them fresh eggs!

My new saying is, "I need new egg recipes... Wait..
idunno.gif
...Guess I will need to learn how to cook"
bow.gif
and that's when I call my mother

me to my sister:

sister: I never got pooped on
me:that's because you aren't good enough to get pooped on
sister:never are you
me:i think Im good enough to get pooped on if I already had 5 times

me to broody hen:

get your fluffy butt back in the mailbox

Back