Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Samus you can not roost on my head! Samus get off the dinner table! No do not set a spot at the table for Samus,said to my 5 year old son. Samus is a NN who is inside because the flock tried skinning her neck. She refuses to stay in the pet taxi and insists on joining us for dinner. She also enjoys picking up my son's legos and throwing them around the living room.

To Mom about hurt rooster in bathroom recuperating, "Oh look, he's finally standing on two feet!....Nevermind, he fell over again...and spilled all the water...again....sigh."

"He has normal poop, so that's a good sign."

"Good thing I didn't kill him, he's making a recovery!"

"Awwww. The baby turkeys are snuggling on the hurt rooster. Isn't that cute?"

Last edited:
To Mom about hurt rooster in bathroom recuperating, "Oh look, he's finally standing on two feet!....Nevermind, he fell over again...and spilled all the water...again....sigh."
Oh my goodness, this is much more funny than it should be! The amount of food and water that chickens will spill...it's ridiculous!
roll.png

"He has normal poop, so that's a good sign."

"Good thing I didn't kill him, he's making a recovery!"

I only just realized how "off" these sorts of comments must sound to non-fowl owners. :'D

My own:

"(about chicks) Well, they're babies, so of course they're not very smart. Plus they're also chickens, so...that's basically two strikes against them."
"Ellie, you quit dancing at me! I raised you, I'm practically your mother. This is highly incestuous. :I "
"(when our roosters are courting the girls only to be ignored) Tried so hard, and got so far...but in the end it doesn't even matter."

Back
Top Bottom