Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"I'm not crazy, I just have chickens!"
Haha! Good one!
goodpost.gif

Me - "Elvira, get out of there. Amber needs to lay an egg!"

Elvira - "Cluck cluck cluck"

Me - "Come on Elvira, you laid that egg an hour ago!"

Elvira - "Sqwaakkkk sqwakkk sqwwwaaakkkk".

Me - "Okay!!! Geez. Amber, could you go into the other box?"

Amber - "Squaaakkkkk"

Me - "Sigh"
roll.png

Last edited:
Me - "Elvira, get out of there. Amber needs to lay an egg!"

Elvira - "Cluck cluck cluck"

Me - "Come on Elvira, you laid that egg an hour ago!"

Elvira - "Sqwaakkkk sqwakkk sqwwwaaakkkk".

Me - "Okay!!! Geez. Amber, could you go into the other box?"

Amber - "Squaaakkkkk"

Me - "Sigh"
roll.png
Ha! I have this same conversation almost daily!

Ha! I have this same conversation almost daily!

Lol! Isn't it funny? We have 5 nesting boxes and 13 pullets. They ALL prefer the same box! Some of them will reluctantly go into the next box if the preferred one is occupied, but most of them just pace back and forth, impatiently(and loudly) waiting their turn or they try to squeeze in next to each other. It's a hoot!

Lol! Isn't it funny? We have 5 nesting boxes and 13 pullets. They ALL prefer the same box! Some of them will reluctantly go into the next box if the preferred one is occupied, but most of them just pace back and forth, impatiently(and loudly) waiting their turn or they try to squeeze in next to each other. It's a hoot!
Mine do the same, today one evn sat right in front of the nesting box waiting, and making the laying hen mad/unconfortable. Its funny what a chicken will do for a box! lol

I even had mine to go and sit on the head of the one already in the nest box. Pull her out and put in another box, wait five minutes and she's back out fussing at the one in the box. All you can do is laugh at them.

I have a friend who is just as obsessed (if not more) with chickens than i am, and once she was at my house holding baby chicks and one pooped on her. it went like this.
*chick poops on friend*
Me: uh oh ill get you a napkin for that
Her: OMG before you get it look at how cute its little poops are!
The best part is that my friend is kind of a germaphobe with everything unless it has to do with chickens.

I have a friend who is just as obsessed (if not more) with chickens than i am, and once she was at my house holding baby chicks and one pooped on her. it went like this.
*chick poops on friend*
Me: uh oh ill get you a napkin for that
Her: OMG before you get it look at how cute its little poops are!
The best part is that my friend is kind of a germaphobe with everything unless it has to do with chickens.
Cute!

Back
Top Bottom