Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Yep! All the cochin girls peck the same mole.
lol.png
That was from my maternal grandma when they had a flock of Minorcas, My poor uncle made the mistake of sitting outside sans shirt Ow!
lau.gif

"here are the lysol wipes, now go clean up that chicken poop."

"did anyone lock up the girlies?"

"ew, i just stepped in chicken poop!"

"get that retarded chicken out of the house!"

Oh, look! You're getting your big girl feathers!

It's time to move you out of your crib and into your brand new big girl house. (from brooder to coop)

That's the girls' stroller (chicken tractor). I call it Poultry in Motion.

And, the all time most incredible thing I thought I'd never hear myself say before I got chickens:

"I just spent $5000 to have a chicken coop built." <sigh> The cost of living by ones' self is high.
barnie.gif
lau.gif
Beware of invertabrate punster, spinlesly unableto resist a pun!"
celebrate.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

As promised, 7 Biddies, this is for you!
yippiechickie.gif
Meet Blu B'ree! She is a 14 week old Easter Egger, and she is IMHO, very very beautiful. She is a very sweet bird, been my favorite since she was first here at 2 days old... sometimes it's hard to get a good picture of her as she is always so close to me that I can't get her in the frame... I decided that the few hundred pictures of her that I already had weren't "good" enough, so I went out just now and took these...I scattered treats on the ground to get them otherwise I have big group shots of all 9 birds, 4 cats and 1 dog... best part is ~ they all get along! I have lots of pics of her on the EE Braggers Thread, and in my albums...
Full Body

Full Front

Top View

As promised, 7 Biddies, this is for you!
yippiechickie.gif
Meet Blu B'ree! She is a 14 week old Easter Egger, and she is IMHO, very very beautiful. She is a very sweet bird, been my favorite since she was first here at 2 days old... sometimes it's hard to get a good picture of her as she is always so close to me that I can't get her in the frame... I decided that the few hundred pictures of her that I already had weren't "good" enough, so I went out just now and took these...I scattered treats on the ground to get them otherwise I have big group shots of all 9 birds, 4 cats and 1 dog... best part is ~ they all get along! I have lots of pics of her on the EE Braggers Thread, and in my albums...
Full Body

Thank you, cheeka! I appreciate your going to all that trouble to get me a good photo. What a gorgeous color ... I can't believe it came out in an EE! Can't wait to see a photo of her eggs. They've just GOT to be a beautiful baby blue.
big_smile.png
Keep us posted, please.

Back
Top Bottom