Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I was daydreaming about chickens while a friend was telling us that he was having mandarin orange chicken for dinner. I almost blurted out, "Oh my gosh! A new exotic chicken breed I've never heard of!"
lau.gif
Thankfully, I came to my senses and caught myself before I said it, but I still think it's funny.
smile.png

yuckyuck.gif

i had visitors this afternoon, a young man who worked for me for many years from his late teens to early 20's, nice guy, quick learner, and his new bride, lovely beautiful young woman, doused in more perfume that i would think came in the whole bottle. she hugged me when they left. my babies wouldn't come near me, so for the few minutes before i realized it was the perfume... it went kinda like this
Me: but it's Mother!
them: snub
Me: pip pip perp peep abobbobbob, it's Mother!
them: pfft
Me: baaaabies, comesa to MaMaMaMother!
them: running to the other lilac bush

them: pfft

Did you get the stink eye too?
lol.png
Big Time

and the Great Fluffy Butt Retreat... i felt so abandoned...
hit.gif

BUT! when i changed my shirt, washed my hands, arms, neck and went back out with a little bit of millet, it was like Voila! it's Mother! Where have you been?
btw, girls, thanks for sneezing millet all over me, i still have some in my hair...

when we first got our chicks and they finally started squaking and making noise one of our chickens decided that her personality was the loud one so she'll get up on your lap look you right in the face and start squaking like shes talking to you so my mom was trying to take advantage and you would hear squakk "say pretty girl" "say pretty girl, momma needs a million bucks" as if teaching the chicken to talk and getting rich heh hey you can dream right :)

I was going to give the dogs a dog biscuit apiece this evening but detoured to the chicken pen to give them a cucumber. I went in the pen and started breaking up the cucumber and splitting it in half. I had squatted down and tucked the dog biscuits between my thigh and my hip. Momma went running around me and started pecking at the biscuits as hard as she could! I looked at her and said, "Those are DOG biscuits...NOT chicken food!!" She backed up, looked at me, and went back to trying to get them. So I laid them on the ground to see what she would do. She looked at them, looked and me, and walked away mumbling to herself. Crazy chicken!!

Oh, and also...You chicken chicken!! Said to Nosy, my B.O. rooster after I accidentally scared him. He jumped about 2 feet of the ground!!!

*Looks up from notebook* "Guys, stop chasing the chipmunk."
HAHA, We have tons of lil chipmunks, one of which we hand raised from when she had her eyes closed, she's like almost 4 years old now living under our front porch :) she still eats outta my hand, but yea the other week I saw a chipmunk take off right underneath one of my chicks & I never saw a chicken jump so high LOL, it was hilarious

Back
Top Bottom