Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I've always called them chickes until getting some. Now all my friends and family have no idea what I'm talking about when I use the reed name of the chicken... :)

thanks "Cheeka" will do actually i just read outdoors post and it reminded me our 4 chicks love to chase all the other little birds that fly from tree to tree in our yard except for we call them "big bugs" because they just take off after it like they do a bug, i guess they just dont realize its too big to eat heh

flash i know he is messing with the girls but its ok hes not playing with them this time he's just checking for bugs now sit still till bubba gets back and let momma pet you lil naked neck ...
who has a smooth soft lil naked neck
he always closes his eyes and lays back then lol

Mimi put nugget down before she eats you .. to my daughter about the newly named, loves to peck her people, black jersey giant baby

chickens are so much fun, arent they ?

"Dont touch the chooks yoghurt" daughter replies, "oh mum how come you never buy us yoghurt anymore?
1f633.png

"It's weird she's so shy around me, she was in my bra for two days"

(she hatched two days before the others so she hung out with me)

"Rosey laid her egg on Megans (my daughter) bed again"
"Was out of commission for about 3 days from a baby chick pecking me in the eye"
"Did all the kids go in the pen"
"You cant lay your egg in the house"
"I love my chickens"
"I dont care what nobody thinks about me and my chickens" ( I have family that pokes fun at me)

THINGS MY HUBBY HAS SAID (if i have something to do and cant be here) and things he says if i can
"I am tired of chicken sitting"
"Get them chickens broke from their tub and in the coop TONIGHT"
"Get that chicken off the couch"
"Put them chickens out"
"I dont want to hear anything when you get your eye pecked out again"
THIS IS THE ONE I HEAR ALL THE TIME "THEY ARE CHICKENS YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO TREAT THEM LIKE CHICKENS!!!!!"

He does love them not as much as me but he does very good with them for me if i cant be here. He watches out for hawks. he makes sure they are put up at night if i am not here.
There are so many more i cant think of right now.

Back
Top Bottom