Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Okay, so we're going on vacation soon, and so my cousin is taking care of all my animals and I was like

"Okay, so here is their waterer, and you can fill it up over here. Then here's the feeder, and in here is where you can fill it up. Oh, and I'll show you their mixture."
"They have a mixture?"
"Yea."
"What is it a mixture of?"
"Oh, here I'll show ya how to do it. So, you just get on scoop of their normal food and dump it in this bin.
"Ok."
"Then, get two small scoops of oyster shells, because Junior needs them for more calcium."
"Alright."
"Then, get two small scoops of this cat food, because it helps Buttermilk's tail feather grow back faster."
"Mmhm."
"Then, get a small scoop of corn, and dump it in there, because they like corn as a treat- Snap, stop eating that!!!"
"Yea."
"Then, get another half scoop of food, and dump it on top of that. Then, mix it like this until it's all mixed up!!" *smiles* "Got it?"
"Uhhh, I think so." (she didn't sound too sure.)
"Do you want me to write it down?"
"Yea!! That would be great, cause I didn't remember a thing."
*sigh* "Okay, I'll write it down."

" Emily just squated for Bob !"
ep.gif

A storm was rolling in in the evening and my two wyandottes were still milling around outside. So I yelled, "Get your butt in the coop!"
"Quit pecking my hair!" as one of the chicks jumps on my shoulder and nips at my hair.
"Blackie, you can't lay your eggs on the grill! Do you want to fry it or something?!" Blackie on her never-ending quest for the perfect nest (nest boxes are good enough for her). She jumped on the grill and crouched down like on a nest. She has also done it on screws (she has never ate any and I try to keep her away from there), and laid several eggs in a wheelbarrow that rolled to the end as Blackie laid them.

"What were you doing out in a storm like that?"
"Well, I had to make sure the chickens got under cover safely, and I blocked off their run so that they stay under cover."
"Honestly, the things that you do for those chickens."

There was a HUGE storm, and I needed to make sure my chookies were safe. :3

Back
Top Bottom