Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Was that for me? I was the one calling MY mama about it,LOL. She was about to wet her pants when I was giving her the play by play. Like "Mama, Molly is in there with Foghorn. Looks like he's trying to coach her.",

These are Too funny to pick one!!!!

My hens have a "Feather god mother!" the cousin I ordered with has helped and taught me so much!

Recent ones:
To my 5 yr old,"Son! if you pick your nose after messing with them chickens you will get bird brain!"

To the waiter at iHop," Yeah, I guess we will take home that left over pancake mess to my hens. I'm paying for it,something at my house should eat it!" turns out she has chickens too.

Today: This is a doozy. I preface this by: We live in the boonies, have varmits,and are legal God fearing gun owners:

I refereed earlier to my husbands friend, Big Al messing with us about when are we going to eat one. Today we're sitting inside and hear 2 shots very rapidly from somewhere in our yard! It startled all of us, even though we are accustomed to gun fire, b/c it was SO close! My husband goes for the shot gun b/c we seriously thought someone was trying to shoot us. I look outside and notice Big Al's truck. I tell husband who was here. We go running outside to see what in the Sam Hill was going on. Big Al is standing there holstering his pistol. He says," I know I probably scared the S$#T out of yall,and I'm soorry for that, but there was a varmit after your chickens! It's the same varmit y'all have been trying to exterminate, I saw it after your hens. I saw it in the {opened } coop and went after it. I missed it the first shot,and got it with the 2nd." He says this all matter of factly,but his hand was shaking. Shooting anything is not taken lightly here,so actually having to pursue the varmit kinda shook him up. We learned a valuable lesson about chicken ownership today. We have best enough friends who will shoot varmits who are getting our hens! You don't need any better kinds!
Not THAT is a great friend!! Glad your chickies are ok.

I think we all have or will experience funny, dumb, and annoying chicken moments!
gig.gif

I think we all have or will experience funny, dumb, and annoying chicken moments!
gig.gif
I will agree with that, I think we have one here about everyday now that my son has came back home for a bit. He is learning the ins and outs of chickens everyday. the funny is counting chickens for him, 1,2,3, **** you moved again and repeat several times

Last edited:
Now that is one all of us know! Chicken counting! There is just no good way of doing it.
A wise man once said, "Count your chickens before they hatch. They move too fast once they do hatch!"
Before having chickens, I never thought I would say that I would rather stay home than go camping with friends.

Now that is one all of us know! Chicken counting! There is just no good way of doing it.
A wise man once said, "Count your chickens before they hatch. They move too fast once they do hatch!"
Before having chickens, I never thought I would say that I would rather stay home than go camping with friends.
HAHAHA! I get asked, "When you think ya'll will be getting eggs?" Me," I don't know yet. I'll give you some,but I don't want to cont my eggs before they lay."

Before we got chickens, and even after we got our first batch of chickens, I could not understand why ANYONE would want to have a chicken as a PET. It wasn't until we got our new batch of chicks this spring and we ended up with Chicky Gaga the Polish Crested, Chipmunk the Easter Egger, and the rest that the pet chicken bug bit me. I realized I'd gone over to the "Dark Side" when I found myself pricing chicken diapers and saying things like, "You know, that cat tree makes an excellent roost..."

Just so we're clear, the chickens are still outdoor animals, but I do finally understand the appeal of indoor "pet" chickens.
lol.png

Way to go Big Al! That certainly is a conversation that would not take place if you did not have chickens!

Here is another thing not said until we had chickens:

"Watch that one. She doesn't have teeth but she grabs and twists skin."

Ruby... no... you might regret it...

isn't she cute when she's unsuspecting???

Gotcha!

Gotcha Again!

the indignity of it all!

Hey! Lookeehere everyone! i'm still not fatter than the dog!

i'm done chicken sitting for the day!

Back
Top Bottom