Things you never said until you had chickens.......

"well it looks like peep peep is the boss of the coop now" (reffering to the new rooster we got two days ago who fought the other 3 roosters and won)

"He crowed! mom look peep peep crowed for the first time!" first crow was when we brought him home and he won the fights with the other roosters.

(me) "bok bok peep peep BAWWWWK?"
(peep peep) "bup bup bup bwaaaaa bup bugawk!"
(me) "that sounds awesome peep!" (peep peep) "bup bup" (and he walked away)

(in the morning) me "PEEP PEEP!!!!!!!!"
(peep peep) "bup bup BUGAWK! bup bup bup bup BUGAWK!"
me "you hungry peep?"
(peep peep) "bup bup?" (he cocked his head when he did this)
me "do you want some food?"
(peep peep) "bup bup bagawk!"

my "friends" think i am insane to talk to my chickens like they are sentient creatures but they are! i talk, they talk back. just as simple as that :)

Called Nosy, my rooster, a Chicken Rooster, yesterday. He was running from a baby snake...
gig.gif

On another note: I woke up this morning to my chickens "screaming". I never knew chickens could do that. So I jumped up, dressed really fast, went running out the back door and found................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Henny Penny had laid an egg.....
th.gif
Darn chickens scared me to death. I thought a hawk or something had somehow gotten into their pen! I told them to hush, it was just an egg!

Called Nosy, my rooster, a Chicken Rooster, yesterday. He was running from a baby snake...
gig.gif

On another note: I woke up this morning to my chickens "screaming". I never knew chickens could do that. So I jumped up, dressed really fast, went running out the back door and found................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Henny Penny had laid an egg.....
th.gif
Darn chickens scared me to death. I thought a hawk or something had somehow gotten into their pen! I told them to hush, it was just an egg!
LOLOL, yea, my 4 months old wynadottes are the lil chicks scared of freaking WORMS! lol

For some reason, you see cartoons of chickens eating worms....You see birds in real life everyday eat worms....Mine WON'T!! I dig up earthworms for them...nope, not them...turn their little beaks in the air and walk away...
th.gif

And when I way this snake was a baby, I mean a baby baby..I researched him and found out he eats insects and salamanders. Forget the name of it....But he's a harmless one....I let him live....May live to regret it...

Mine used to go nuts over earthworms and baby snakes. Also plain oatmeal. Now, they won't touch either one. I don't know, maybe this year isn't a good vintage for worms
:gig

Mine won't eat worms or veggies other than tomatoes. I even bought them some nice broccoli that they completely turned their noses up at. They do love all fruit and especially go crazy for craisins of frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom