Things you never said until you had chickens.......

...said under my breath, with fear rising... cuz the little pug was in the enclosure with me and the chooks...

oh please... don't bite his head off, and don't you be eatin' her eyeball...

ruby, went right up to royce in the dust bath, as close as little pug no~nose to beak, and just stood there for a second. then she gave him a nice little lick on the face. i thought he might run... and then she'd chase... or he'd eat her eyeball right in front of me... but he seemed cool with it, and she walked away when he started kicking dirt around again.

took one of the cats to the vet today for the 3 year shots, she was really surprised to hear that none of my cats bother with the chickens... and that surprised me...

...said under my breath, with fear rising... cuz the little pug was in the enclosure with me and the chooks...

oh please... don't bite his head off, and don't you be eatin' her eyeball...

ruby, went right up to royce in the dust bath, as close as little pug no~nose to beak, and just stood there for a second.  then she gave him a nice little lick on the face.  i thought he might run... and then she'd chase... or he'd eat her eyeball right in front of me... but he seemed cool with it, and she walked away when he started kicking dirt around again.

took one of the cats to the vet today for the 3 year shots, she was really surprised to hear that none of my cats bother with the chickens... and that surprised me... 

The other day one of my neighbors kittens was stalking the chickens again. I kept urging them to run up to the thing to break it of the habit but no one would. So I decided to make one do it.

I caught up my craziest hen and she was just a squawking and flapping and probably looked to be a nightmare to that kitten. I chased that kitten around with Nightmare Chicken! :eek: and that thing finally hauled rear off and I haven't seen it or any of it's litter mates stalk my girls since! :lau

yuckyuck.gif
and i might have to try that one lol

The other day one of my neighbors kittens was stalking the chickens again. I kept urging them to run up to the thing to break it of the habit but no one would. So I decided to make one do it.
I caught up my craziest hen and she was just a squawking and flapping and probably looked to be a nightmare to that kitten. I chased that kitten around with Nightmare Chicken!
ep.gif
and that thing finally hauled rear off and I haven't seen it or any of it's litter mates stalk my girls since!
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif
we had very serious introduction times with the cats and chicks, it went very smoothly and the cats know; just like the neighbors birds, these birds belong here... the dog was cool, she thought she was their Mama... but now the birds are as big as she is...
why can't the chicken stay in the house?

highfive.gif
i wish they didn't poop everywhere... i liked having the little ones in the house...

Back
Top Bottom