Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I thought my dog was guarding my chickens (because he is an Anatolian) we later found out (thankfully not the hard way) that he wasn't guarding them to keep them safe he was guarding them to keep everything away from HIS FOOD!

husband:"Did you tell the kids about not wearing flip flops in the pen?"
kids:"ahhhhhhh!"
me: "Yes but maybe now they'll listen!"

about my kids getting dressed to help dad slaughter the roos "Don't put on that skirt it's not a freaking fashion statement to kill chickens!!"
this is one I never thought I would hear come from my 6 yr old "Can I cut off the chicken's head?"
th.gif
OMG I hope she doesn't go back to school and say that!!

Mom, listen..... I have a son who is potty training, a daughter still in diapers..... do you really think cleaning pastey butt on chicks is a big deal? I clean butts all day long... why not do the little chickies??? Yes, you use warm water on them too....

Dad: Alright chicks out of the car (reffering to the barbie car xD)
Me: Why?
Dad: They don't a driving permit or license
Me: whatever (not taking them out

Dad: No chickens on the bed!
Me: WHYYYYYYYYYY
Dad: Fine just use a towel

As we get home from school we take the chicks out...

Dad: Why are they wrapped in towels?
Me: Oh we put the towels in the microwave to heat them up for the chicks
Dad: Why on earth?
Me: 'Cause they got cold outside (it had just rained and was still a little drippy)
Chicks: peep peep!
Dad: Awwe they make the cutest noises!

Me: Do you think the chicks will like the miniature blankets in the brooder?
Lilly (sister)- Yeah they will

(that's all I can remember in the passed few days)

"Please don't do that, it upsets the chickens."

I just had knee surgery and was asleep on my recliner in the living room. I woke up to find that my boys were outside playing in the front yard and they had left the front door open. I was not alone... "Could someone come get Hanna off of me, please... hello. Hanna, you can get off now, Yeah, you listen just like my boys."

My non-chicken husband, "There's a chicken on the couch." Me,"Yup." N-C H, "What's she doing there?" Me, "Laying an egg, I think." Long pause... "Ummm, OK." Wise man.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom