Things you never said until you had chickens.......

I'm new to this chicken "thing". When my chicks were about 2-3 weeks old, I put a perch that I had made out of a couple of leftover 2x4 chunks into the dog kennel they're in. They were scared of it. I stuck one on top of the perch and it jumped off an ran away. I said "Awww, don't be a chicken!" I didn't even realize what I said until it came out of my mouth. I laughed so hard I cried! LOL!

So far so good though, I have 3 chicks, no problems at all, yet
thumbsup.gif
They are about 5 weeks now.

NO CHICKENS ALLOWED ON THE BED!!!!!!! I had to say that 3 times in just this last hour. my chicken are not even suppose to be in the house let alone sleeping on my bed but as soon as I turn my back there back up there again.

2 weeks ago i told my brother i got 2 ducks, just after getting 8 more chickens 2 days earlier... he then says what i thought was dumb (til i realized im a crazy chicken person) he sais "so are you done with chickens now?" haha no, not even close

yesterday as i was finishing a horse stall to chicken coop conversion one of my ladies pooped on the extension cord and without thinking that i would never get a straight answer from any of them i say "oh c'mon who pooped on the cord, seriously who pooped on the cord???" they all denied it and walked away clucking.

2 weeks ago i told my brother i got 2 ducks, just after getting 8 more chickens 2 days earlier... he then says what i thought was dumb (til i realized im a crazy chicken person) he sais "so are you done with chickens now?" haha no, not even close

yesterday as i was finishing a horse stall to chicken coop conversion one of my ladies pooped on the extension cord and without thinking that i would never get a straight answer from any of them i say "oh c'mon who pooped on the cord, seriously who pooped on the cord???" they all denied it and walked away clucking.
yuckyuck.gif

Went out to eat at a restaurant with hubby. We didn't have any leftovers, but I asked for a box for the kale garnish. The waitress stopped and looked at me puzzled. I told her, " I have a bunch of chickens and they will love this". She came back with a to go box stuffed with kale with "for the chickens" written on the top ^_^

goodpost.gif
that's awesome! i love it when someone extends a kindness and turns it into something truly exceptional! she's a very thoughtful person, and funny too... bet she tells everyone the story of the chicken people for some time!

Went out to eat at a restaurant with hubby. We didn't have any leftovers, but I asked for a box for the kale garnish. The waitress stopped and looked at me puzzled. I told her, " I have a bunch of chickens and they will love this". She came back with a to go box stuffed with kale with "for the chickens" written on the top ^_^

Awesome, my dad got some Kale for us to grow! :)

My hubby always gets pooped on by the chicks so he says to me, "You must not be good enough to get pooped on." >.< lol

"Aaawww don't they have the cutest fuzzy bums?!"

"My ears aren't food!"
Have to use that last one near daily. Same with:
"MY TOES Are NOT worms!!"
or
"It may be shiny, but that doesnt mean it tastes good!" (My birds like to peck at my earrings and class ring..)
big_smile.png

Have to use that last one near daily. Same with:
"MY TOES Are NOT worms!!"
or
"It may be shiny, but that doesnt mean it tastes good!" (My birds like to peck at my earrings and class ring..)
big_smile.png
any bottuns in their reach they will peck at them :/especially the cockerels :p its kind of scary when u are sitting down and all of the sudden something nips ya in the but and you r cockerel is eyeing your back pocket!

Back
Top Bottom