Things you never said until you had chickens.......

How about this? Family is ready to go to town. I have to holler, "Got chickie tracks on my shirt shoulders!!! Gotta go change shirts first!"
big_smile.png

Dad: Awwwe man! There's no screws to go in the coop!
Me: Can't we just go buy them?
Dad: THERE'S NO INSTRUCTIONS EITHER!! Wait, what?
Me: Can't we just go buy them?
Dad: We can't buy instructions Viv!
Me: I MEAN THE SCREWS!
Dad: //retartedly says// OOOOHHHHH no I'm calling that dude from ebay we just got ripped! GAWWWSH
Me: Rolls eyes. Whatever

Last edited:
Went out to eat at a restaurant with hubby. We didn't have any leftovers, but I asked for a box for the kale garnish. The waitress stopped and looked at me puzzled. I told her, " I have a bunch of chickens and they will love this". She came back with a to go box stuffed with kale with "for the chickens" written on the top ^_^

BC (Before Chickens) I went out for breakfast and asked for their egg shells for my compost pile. I brought a small plastic paint bucket that they happily filled to the brim for me!! They seem to enjoy such requests; maybe they're happy it's not going to waste. I'll have to remember to ask for kale.

Honey, we have to expand the garden next year to include lettuce and/or cabbage for the chicks.
I want to go to Tractor Supply!
My Christmas list used to be filled at the Harley shop.
Is it Chick Days YET???
You know there is no way to get out of there without more chicks.
My screen saver is a rooster.

Last edited:
Hubby: before you go to bed get the roosters off the truck
Me: ok will do
Me and son spending next three hours removing roosters form truck
The next night truck goes in to his garage, where the chicken coop is also located, but no chickens can get on truck.
Week later Roosters go to auction

At the drive through at my regualr McDonalds last week... (small town, we all know each other)

me - 'Hi Renee, how's the flock?'
her to me - 'He Dee! they're getting so big! You want an out of time cheeseburger for MayMay beside you on the console?"

At the drive through at the neighboring city last night......

me - 'Hi do you have any out of time cheeseburgers to that you need to dispose of?' MayMay sticks her head around my arm from the console and bawks excitedly
them - WTH??????????????? and closes the window on me.

Last edited:
"Oooohhh, don't throw away those leftovers! The chickens will love them!" :)
celebrate.gif

I said that after our church potluck one day. I came home with a bag full of watermelon rind and stuff the chickens would love. I also collect stuff for my cows. Now a couple of people bring me buckets of stuff they are cleaning out of their gardens, the corn husks and cobs. My animals are lovin' it.

Back
Top Bottom