Things you never said until you had chickens.......

Hello Buckaroos !
D.gif
to everyone when I let them out ! after we got our Rooster ..they are like racehorses when I open the gate to let them out !

I must remember to put shoes on before going out to deal with the chickens. I get my toes pecked and risk standing on something nasty.

'it's a rule now... if you've gone to visit chickens, shoes off in the back room..."

I'm the main culprit, tracking poop in the house... all my shoes, boots, sneakers... have poop in the treads
roll.png

the coop and run are nice and clean, cuz it's all stuck to the bottom of my feet! I experimented with my gang, and went out barefooted a few weeks ago. they didn't notice my toes at all... i was kinda bummed

'it's a rule now... if you've gone to visit chickens, shoes off in the back room..."

I'm the main culprit, tracking poop in the house... all my shoes, boots, sneakers... have poop in the treads
roll.png

the coop and run are nice and clean, cuz it's all stuck to the bottom of my feet! I experimented with my gang, and went out barefooted a few weeks ago. they didn't notice my toes at all... i was kinda bummed
Only my two younger hens notice toes !! but boy do they notice them

I still haven't cracked any of them open, I can't do it yet...
love.gif

I mentioned something about blowing out my first egg but then I just went and ate them. I tend not to be very sentimental. Although when one of my EEs finally lay (they're 26 weeks and about to be stew if they don't lay something soon) I might just frame the first one of those...

"I'm just going put to watch my girls."
"
hit.gif
But those eggs are from poor abused hens!" When we have to buy eggs from the store because the girls get stubborn about laying eggs.
"They're not laying because they aren't happy. Can I go feed them leftover cake? It'll make them feel better!"
"Eliot is a mama's boy! Finch and Burt aren't like that, in fact quite a few of the girls aren't like that."
"Uhh... Cooper pooped on me again."
And lastly to my cousin "Abby, like I said before, chickens are not going to take over the world. They only want my yard... Then again."...

Well, this doesn't actually fit the thread since I have said it before I had chickens (I have 2 daughters) but:

"Excuse me girls" has become SO common. I'm working around the barn, their coop, whatever and I need to go get this or that and I'm forever having to get past the girls. I guess I could just push on through but that would be rude!

Bruce

Back
Top Bottom