Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

Sounds like our cat Mistletoe Snowman Santa Claus (named by our  three year old daughter just before Christmas).

I had an orphan kitten come in for fostering that had been named by the finder's young daughter as Misty Sparkle Rainbow...and I never called her anything different or shortened her name one syllable. :D

I had an orphan kitten come in for fostering that had been named by the finder's young daughter as Misty Sparkle Rainbow...and I never called her anything different or shortened her name one syllable.
big_smile.png
Confession time: When I was 10, I named our kitten Lulubelle Bootsie Minx! She had extra toes, and I had just finished the Black Stallion book about a filly named Minx.

If I leave the ladder leaning against the side of the run and within 2 feet of the coop, an Ameraucana pullet will fly to the roof, scramble to the peak, and then fly to the other side of the fence. I will then spend a lot of time trying to show her how to get back!

Chickens are curious! I had an EE wonder into some tall bushes & couldn't find her way back out. She let us all know she needed rescuing, that was not fun, I'd be working my way to her, she'd work her way into the opposite direction! Guess she was thinking I was a stranger, although kept calling for her. Finally got her, she never went into that patch of brush again.

I've learned EEs and Ameraucanas LOVE heights, they LOVE ladders!

Chickens are curious!  I had an EE wonder into some tall bushes & couldn't find her way back out.  She let us all know she needed rescuing, that was not fun, I'd be working my way to her, she'd work her way into the opposite direction!  Guess she was thinking I was a stranger, although kept calling for her.  Finally got her, she never went into that patch of brush again.  

I've learned EEs and Ameraucanas LOVE heights, they LOVE ladders!

Ugh, I agree! Our EE's are always trying to fly onto the gate to either just sit there or escape and run around our yard and visit the neighbors garden. (um, yeah, all the chickens got out one day, went to the neighbors, which is a considerably long way for those small legs, and ruined her garden beds :th) Anyways I don't even know how the EE's can get on top of the fence, they both have both of their wings clipped. :idunno Sweet little (or shall I say big :p ) birds though, just rather curious and mischievous!

I had an orphan kitten come in for fostering that had been named by the finder's young daughter as Misty Sparkle Rainbow...and I never called her anything different or shortened her name one syllable. :D

Confession time: When I was 10, I named our kitten Lulubelle Bootsie Minx! She had extra toes, and I had just finished the Black Stallion book about a filly named Minx.

This exchange cracked me up.

Kids come up with the best names. We have new finches (I have seriously turned into the crazy bird lady) and my 5 year old's one is called Onja, and the 8 year old called hers Mountain (quite a name for a tiny society finch). If you want a unique name, ask a kid.

Back
Top Bottom