Things You Wish You Would Have Known?

Kids come up with the best names. We have new finches (I have seriously turned into the crazy bird lady) and my 5 year old's one is called Onja, and the 8 year old called hers Mountain (quite a name for a tiny society finch). If you want a unique name, ask a kid.
That can be a bit risky. I now have a little Wellsummer chick named "Martin". Um, yeah.
lau.gif

Last edited:
im learning that duck poop is an completely different thing all together. and there is soooo much more of it, i could swear it almost seems like there eating more and pooping these huge poops just to spite me... i dont think my last pekin likes me very much...

im learning that duck poop is an completely different thing all together. and there is soooo much more of it, i could swear it almost seems like there eating more and pooping these huge poops just to spite me... i dont think my last pekin likes me very much...

I will never be so glad as when I can finally move all the waterfowl outside for this reason! I think they produce so much because, being water birds, their colons have no need to reabsorb any water from the fecal matter. So, big sloppy mess. :sick

How funny it would be to see my 10 week old CCL cockerel trying to mate with my 11 month old Bielefelder hen! He chased her around the run and in and out of the coop. She kept nipping at him, but finally just got into a nest box! That is where she was heading when he spotted her!

I will never be so glad as when I can finally move all the waterfowl outside for this reason! I think they produce so much because, being water birds, their colons have no need to reabsorb any water from the fecal matter. So, big sloppy mess.
sickbyc.gif

So glad you mentioned this fact of duck life. For a little while we were thinking about ducks ... and for the property we have now, I can't picture what I'd do about this particular issue!

Back
Top Bottom