Think I may have a few non-meatbirds.

I have the same thing going on here and they appear to be roosters. I think they are just really low on the pecking order. My meaties are getting pretty big. I need to cut them way down on food and move to our horse stall so they get more exercise. The little guys are just not growing as fast but I've noticed they just are not as competitive with food.

I ended up in the exact same predicament last spring. I had picked up what I thought were 15 Cornish X at my local TSC. About 4 weeks in, it was very obvious I had 5 that were not. After talking with the hatchery, I discovered they were White Leghorns.
I think this happens at TSC because visitors to the store always want to hold the birds. My guess, they are not being put back in the same tub.

I got three Leghorns from TSC that were supposed to be Cornish Crosses, mistakes happen unfortunately. Problem at mine was they got the boxes in, employees didn't check the labels and just threw them into the tubs.

What did you guys do with the leghorns? I really can't add any more to the coop. I'm thinking of growing them out for another month then selling them.

What did you guys do with the leghorns? I really can't add any more to the coop. I'm thinking of growing them out for another month then selling them.

Only trouble is if they are male, who's going to want them?
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom