I did it! Processed 26 CX

I bought shrink wrap bags on amazon-very easy to use and seals tight. Heat water to 190, put cleaned chicken in neck end first, twist the end and zip tie (provided), dip for 3-5 seconds, slap on a label and done! I got large bags thinking I would process at 8 weeks—I processed a bit sooner. I trimmed the bag tops before putting in the freezer.
We have a vacuum sealer but I wanted a neat professional look- even tho chicken is for personal use.
Do you think they would store longer if you used those rather than the freezer gallon bags.. I just try to get much of the air out as I can but it seems fine. I would like to try that someday. I do like the professional look to even though it's for personal. There's so much I try to save vegs and scraps for soups.. less expensive than it would be to buy a sealer..?

Do you think they would store longer if you used those rather than the freezer gallon bags.. I just try to get much of the air out as I can but it seems fine. I would like to try that someday. I do like the professional look to even though it's for personal. There's so much I try to save vegs and scraps for soups.. less expensive than it would be to buy a sealer..?
The shrink bags are pretty durable. I think, when thawed, the shrink bag is by far superior to zip lock or vacuum seal.

Back
Top Bottom