Third time is the charm...*PICS 7/19*... broody took incubator babies!

mmaddie's mom

Songster
9 Years
Jun 2, 2010
Elmwood, Illinois, USA
I hope!

This is my 3rd try with the incubator... first time absolutely nothing (no developement at all)... second time 5 developed but died before hatching... so I'm thinking this time I will have some babies... RIGHT?!?

Last edited:
i hope its the lucky 3 as it my 3rd time as well both times before they died before or during hatch so far i have 20/20 developing

Quote:
fl.gif
luck and blessings for us both
frow.gif

Yep... third time IS the charm !
tongue.png
4 babies this morning... and a day early!
clap.gif

old.gif
I have figured out the secret to incubating eggs... do everything half-a**.
hmm.png
The first 2 times I did everything PERFECT... temp, humidity, turning, candling... nothing.
barnie.gif
This time I filled the water once in the beginning... candled once and saw nothing (no veining-nothing)... filled both waters at lock down... turned when I thought about it... and just let it go... and VOILA babies a day early
ya.gif
AND I have a girl who has just gone broody and if she sits still for another couple of days, I will try to slip them under her to raise instead of the wonderful brooder box I have! Broodies are the best.

I think I'm just going to be one of those odd ducks that doesn't get real excited about hatching in an incubator.
tongue2.gif

I hear you on the half ***'ing it! Somehow my sister hatches in her classroom with no hygrometer, no candling to check for infertile eggs, etc. She just plugs it in, and 21 days later she has more than 70% hatch every time. I had temps and humidity perfect, and go figure, my chicks are struggling with hatching. Hmmph.

Going to order some more eggs today, hopefully the Repti-Temp 500R will keep my temps consistant. With no eggs I am only seeing a 0.7 F variation in my home made incubator V2.

How's it going for everyone?

Actual scheduled day of hatch and no new babies. I have my broody settled on 3 false eggs in a secure large dog crate and plan on giving her the babies tonight! I hope she is not confussed by how quickly they came (she's only been broody for less than a week).
Pray for success!
fl.gif

edited for spelling

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom