This brought me to tears!!!

I can't watch it again; it has been all over our news recently, because some of the meat has ended up in local schools. I know I was crying and felt physically ill when I sat there and watched it
sad.png

I think about those poor girls now, whenever I'm bottle feeding our calves. They always get some good scratches from me, and I know they will be treated with respect as long as they are alive on our farm.

If you are interested, here's a link to sign a petition to do something about the heinous treatment of these gentle beings:

https://community.organization.org/campaign/CA_2008_investigation?rk=U7NOqUKqQcklW

Have always liked cows. A number of years ago I took my parents on a Vermont/New Hampshire trip, as they had never seen those beautiful states. In Vermont we met 2 cows who were so loving we could barely bring ourselves to part with them (we really had trouble leaving them!). They wanted hugs (which we provided in ample measure) and they kept wanting to give big sloppy (and I mean sloppy!) kisses. The big beautiful expressive brown eyes.They were wondrous beings, full of feeling. I am decimated when I think of the horrible lives most cows (and other farm animals) have on this earth. It won't be long before I will have been a vegetarian for 40 years. If only all humans who eat meat made sure the source of this food was a sound and humane one - what a difference this one fundamental change would make. The power of the pocketbook is vast.

I am grateful to have some kindred spirits here at BYC.
JJ

Yep, I saw it on the news. Its really terrible. My parents could care less though. We used to raise our own until my grandpa died. Its just so sickening that people are so heartless.

Oh hun there is more worse videos
on there then that, that will make you wanna
go shoot people like them with a drop of a dime.

I would post them but im afraid this post will get closed
by the mods.

I've known about this type of abuse for years. It does make you sick & angry! DH made me aware of it back in the early 80's (he was a vegetarian when I met him) then I gave up meat too. My children have never touch it and have no desire. Chicken factories are just as bad. I'm so glad I'm able to raise my own but they're for eggs only. Now I just need to get some dairy cows or milking goats!
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Makes me want to swear off beef, at least buying from the grocery stores or restaurants. I am so glad that I do have the acreage to raise a cow or two. I will know where it is coming from, and that it is treated well.

ok i am not trying to cause any problems here but this happens everyday. I have seen what goes through auctions and everything else so it did not shock me at all. I have to say what did you think you buy when you buy meat at a grocery store. Most of it come from cattle just like that unless it says something like angus or whatever. Once most of the dairy cattle are done with milking or they get sick most farmers send them and that is where most of the meat comes from. I hate that they are treated like that and I do not like to think that that happens but it does.

I live about 10 miles from a feed lot and packing plant. Its the same plant they raided and was on the news. Sister plant to the greeley one....... I've driven by that plant many times and its disgusting to smell, disgusting to watch, and disgusting to hear about.

I hate that the animals are treated the way that they are, its disgusting to watch. This is exactly the reason why we eat what we raise....

However, I'm with turnerstar, this happens everyday. Why are so many people so surprised about this? I'm surprised by the number of people that are surprised this is happening. Its sad but I knew it was happening. We've all heard and seen the kfc thing, it was only a matter time before we were enlightened with the same type of cruelty problem in beef. The same type of things happen on dairys, pig farms, egg farms, turkey farms etc.

For some the solution is to go meatless, or to raise their own, and for some unfortunately their solution is to turn thier heads. Its a sad sad thing that is happening. There is no reason to be cruel to animals wether they are destined for the plant or the pasture. I've often wondered what type of person does this to animals. Are they so desensitized that it no longer bothers them to prod sick animals with forklift tines into the slaughter shoot. Do they enjoy it? I guess they would have to, to do it everyday. I couldn't live with myself, I'd walk off the job before I'd deal with cruel animal treatment on my conscience. JMHO.....
sad.png

I was raised on a farm. We killed our own meat. But ours had wonderful lives till that point. I know this type of stuff goes on all the time. I'm not that naive! But to see it on the news constantly is bad enough. It's just pitiful what they get away with. It does make you want to give up meat altogether!

Back
Top Bottom