This might sound like a dumb question BUT...

zchryjmsbnntt

In the Brooder
Apr 25, 2016
Can I have a bat house in my yard if I have ducks? Lol.

I know it sounds dumb but Google has been zero help. I live in central Florida and at night, the mosquitos are horrible. Especially this time of year because it literally rains every single day.

My girls have a completely enclosed area that they go in every night. I'm wanting to install two bat houses on either side of the yard. I'm just concerned about my girls. Will the bats bother them? Will the ducks bother the bats?

Like I said, sounds like a dumb question but as a first time duck owner, I just want to make sure before I spend the time and money on building bat houses. Lol.

Can I have a bat house in my yard if I have ducks? Lol.

I know it sounds dumb but Google has been zero help. I live in central Florida and at night, the mosquitos are horrible. Especially this time of year because it literally rains every single day.

My girls have a completely enclosed area that they go in every night. I'm wanting to install two bat houses on either side of the yard. I'm just concerned about my girls. Will the bats bother them? Will the ducks bother the bats?

Like I said, sounds like a dumb question but as a first time duck owner, I just want to make sure before I spend the time and money on building bat houses. Lol.
I think that would be a great idea your girls would work on the mosquitos during the day and the bats at night. win win.

The ducks will eat the mosquito larvae to reduce your mosquito population but if you have bad mosquitos then bats would be an added benefit. I don't see any reason they can't get along in the same yard.

Back
Top Bottom