This should probably be in the Social Side, but....

Sherry

Songster
12 Years
Apr 8, 2007
Southern WV
there are more topics and responses here and I wanted to make sure more people saw it.

I just wanted to say Thanks! Most of my friends are city dwellers and think all chickens and eggs come from the grocery store.
smile.png

Friends and family are all caught up with their own lives and "politely" listen to me about my chickens. BUT YOU GUYS seem to be always interested and I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice and support.

Thank you.

That's why they're here!
hugs.gif
I too am so grateful that I found this site.
My friends eyes glaze over when I start rambling about my chickens!!!
gig.gif
I'm sure that will stop when they start getting free eggs!!
gig.gif

mudhen wrote
My friends eyes glaze over when I start rambling about my chickens!!!

I have this problem too. Its funny, its like you either love chickens or eggs come from the store. Whats a chicken? Non chick people don't get it. Oh well their loss.​

yes if you dont love chickens then you have no clue my nephew is like that with horses you should see us together one talking about chickens and the other horses:jumpy

I know exactly what you all are talking about!! There is that certain...shall I say, lack of gleam that comes into someone's eyes when you start talking about your chickens? Yes, this is a wonderful thread to say we appreciate each other and sure do understand the thrill of pictures of new chicks.
big_smile.png

It's sort of like, Oh crud, here she goes again...
I showed one of the girls at work a short video I did of Obelisk and Penny dustbathing with my digital camera, and she was like, "Only you, Brenda, only you."
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom