Those who use an "All Flock" feed, PLEASE help me decide on a feed!

Pics
I have a mama duck nesting 3 eggs in my front yard. A neighbor gave me a bag of Flock Raiser but there are no instructions. Do I just put out a bowl of it? Thx!
Yes. You can free choice all flock to the Ducks you were gifted. It's not a bad idea on General principles, when you don't know how they were fed previously, to give them a moderately high protein complete feed to help with the stress of adjusting to a new place. The most important thing about ducks to remember however is that they need a relatively deep bowl of water to clean their bills out. Which by the way they are likely to tip over. So make certain that wherever you feed and what are them is very easy to clean up and can get wet. My flock is in my signature below I currently have about a dozen ducks. Hope that helps.

Here is a recent picture of the bag of my Kalmbach hen house reserve feed that I ordered from Chewy. Can u tell me what the date is?
I know this was posted a while ago but I only just got a new bag of Kalmbach.
This is what it has on the bottom.
Looks like the old way of doing dates is back! Or am I confused?
I think this is May 4th 2023. Did I get that right?

8898E052-D9F0-4D38-9C3A-EC6650FE8384.jpeg

I know this was posted a while ago but I only just got a new bag of Kalmbach.
This is what it has on the bottom.
Looks like the old way of doing dates is back! Or am I confused?
I think this is May 4th 2023. Did I get that right?

View attachment 3526981
One set of numbers does look like it could be 124th day of 23. Is there anything printed on the nutrition tag?

I had B vitamins deficiencies last year with Purina. I currently use Country Companion all flock, but will use nutrena when I can't get CC. Have a mixed flock roos, hens, just added some chicks incubator hatched from their eggs. They also range all day, unrestricted.

Without any date on tag or the date being fully coded, I'd go with the aforementioned. I've never seen a bag of kalmbach. Safe travels.
Thanks.
My first bag was that kind of date. And then @Luckyt21 posted the bag with ‘best before’ and so I was expecting to see that. But instead I think I got the Gregorian method again.

EDIT: Sorry - I think it is Julian not Gregorian. Gregorian is chants!

EDIT again - it is neither. It is ‘day of year’ calendar!

Last edited:
Thanks.
My first bag was that kind of date. And then @Luckyt21 poatwd the bag with ‘best before’ and so I was expecting to see that. But instead I think I got the Gregorian method again.
The date style change could be if it was made by or made for. Sometimes a company will contract a smaller mill to make feed for that area and the dating method could be different.

I have six hens. Two were bought when my first four were already 2 months old (I bought 4, but two turned out to be roosters and had to go). So I use Flock Raiser. Then give oyster shells on the side. The young ones didn’t need the extra calcium and the older ones began laying and needed it. Now that they are all laying, I tried to switch to a layer feed, but they weren’t having it, lol. So, I continue with the original flock raiser with oyster shells and grit on the side and it is going great. Just like Kokoshka, except I don’t use the medicated feed for any of them.

Back
Top Bottom