Thoughts on what this could be?? Need help please

Got an update from the lab for our necropsy results and it states the findings are consistent with Marek’s disease 😭 results were negative for avian flu, MG/MS, and Newcastle disease. I’m so bummed but at least we have answers now.

Got an update from the lab for our necropsy results and it states the findings are consistent with Marek’s disease 😭 results were negative for avian flu, MG/MS, and Newcastle disease. I’m so bummed but at least we have answers now.
:hitI'm so sorry. So awful. I can't remember, has your whole flock been affected? Do you need "next steps" questions answered?

:hitI'm so sorry. So awful. I can't remember, has your whole flock been affected? Do you need "next steps" questions answered?
We have 10 other chickens and nobody else is showing any signs of marek's at the moment. I do not want to cull the entire flock. I'll keep a closed flock and keep them as happy and healthy as possible for the time being. Not sure if there's anything else I can do at this point and we don't plan on getting more birds at the moment, especially now that the one was confirmed Marek's positive. Is there anything else I should know? I've never experienced Marek's in all these years :hmm

I never have either, so I am not sure. There must have been tons of people who have experienced it on here, so let me know if you need more help past the article, maybe just someone answering specific questions. I can ask around if they don't show up on their own.

Feel free to start a new thread just about this new mareks diagnosis, too. If you have it in the thread title, all the folks that know about it should come out of the woodwork.

Hoping for the best. :fl

Back
Top Bottom