Three White campbells

Today I go out and I find all this yellow stuff on the two eggs from previous night, I take them in and washed them too see which one had the crack, but neither did, so I went back out to put them back and I found another one ( obviously didint look well enough when I went out first time) so I'm guessing one female has laid one egg last night and just the yolk ect for the second "egg"?
If they are just starting up laying they can lay soft shell eggs and this might be the remains of one. Make sure they are getting plenty of calcium in their diet they need it to make good strong egg shells. If your feeding layer you might want to put out oyster shell for them some just need more calcium than they get from diet and they will only eat the oyster shell as needed. Fresh chopped Kale is another good way to give them calcium.

Ok great thankyou, yes they have only been laying this month. Got about 14 eggs now. Rather smaller than what I expected. She had laid these four eggs all in one spot under hay! So fingers crossed she will sit on them soon when she's got a few more.

Ok great thankyou, yes they have only been laying this month. Got about 14 eggs now. Rather smaller than what I expected. She had laid these four eggs all in one spot under hay! So fingers crossed she will sit on them soon when she's got a few more.
I don't think you are suppose to wash the eggs you are going to let her sit. It washes the protective coating that keeps out bacteria so you might want to bring them in and eat them. Usually when they first lay eggs are smaller they get larger down the line.

Okay j will bring that egg in. I can't wait to see if there is anymore tomorrow! I love going out and looking first thing,

When she decides to sit on the eggs. Can I take a few away so I'm not over ran with ducks? I'd like to only hatch a few ( I know now all eggs will be successful)

When she decides to sit on the eggs. Can I take a few away so I'm not over ran with ducks? I'd like to only hatch a few ( I know now all eggs will be successful)
Especially first time broody's I only give them 3-4 eggs to sit. Once they commit to sitting you could take all of the away and she would continue to sit they get so dedicated. But I'd let her have at least 3-4 that way if 1 or 2 didn't make it there would still be 2 and it is much better to have 2 or 3 grow up together. You can give her as many as you want I like for mine to have small clutches too so I don't get over run. So what do you have 1 drake to 2 females?

Last edited:
When we bought them we didn't know what we had, we got three in the hope we would have one of each at least. Last two nights we have had two eggs each night. Ok one of them had no shell, so I would guess two females one drake.

When we bought them we didn't know what we had, we got three in the hope we would have one of each at least. Last two nights we have had two eggs each night. Ok one of them had no shell, so I would guess two females one drake.
Perfect.
smile.png
drake should have a curled feather at end of his back and quack low and raspy. How about some pics..

I'll post some picture shortly, we have had two more eggs over night in the same spot as the other eggs. And under hay! This must be the start I hope :) would two females lay in the same nest though? I wouldn't of thought they would.

Back
Top Bottom