Three White campbells

Not sure if they are known for being broody haha! Dammit I'll have to look for a drake! We will just cherish the eggs for now, j thought about getting an incubator but then it's the care after I'm not sure we would have the time. I'd have to keep them under a light and warn wouldn't I? I couldn't release them to mummy?

Not sure if they are known for being broody haha! Dammit I'll have to look for a drake! We will just cherish the eggs for now, j thought about getting an incubator but then it's the care after I'm not sure we would have the time. I'd have to keep them under a light and warn wouldn't I? I couldn't release them to mummy?
Ducks don't have that nurturing gene unless they hatch eggs themselves not like geese or chickens do.Sometimes even when they hatch they aren't the best mums. On rare occasion. Would finding a drake be hard in the UK? Then mom can do all the work, I like that best myself. So much fun enjoying mamma and ducklings out and about.

You'd have to take care of them in a brooder under heat lamp till completely feathered in then gradually intro into the flock you have because any ducks whether ducklings or adults are going to be looked at as intruders. So ducklings will have to be at least adult size. Ducklings raised by a member of the flock are easier to be accepted. Even then drakes have to be kept separate from mom and babies till ducklings are at least 3 weeks old drakes can be unpredictable around ducklings even their own.

Last edited:
Hmm okay. Should be easy enough to find a drake. I may leave it for a little bit so I can sort stuff out then, yeah I'd rather let them hatch it as it will save me some time and that and they can be a family rather than having to introduce them.

Hmm okay. Should be easy enough to find a drake. I may leave it for a little bit so I can sort stuff out then, yeah I'd rather let them hatch it as it will save me some time and that and they can be a family rather than having to introduce them.
To me so much more natural way of doing things. Keep us updated.

Aww okay thankyou for all your help :) I'll keep you updated! I just weren't sure if they was the sign of being fertilised or not, but just guessing it's a mark now haha

So I got some pictures of the ducks which I think shows I have three girls lol. But this egg looks fertile to me?

Back
Top Bottom