Time flies too fast

Oncoming Storm

Crowing
Jun 3, 2019
about nine years ago my parents decided that they were ready to give into my pleas for a puppy. So my mom and I spent st Patrick’s day going from store to store, shelter to shelter looking for the perfect pup, not too old but old enough to train, smaller breed since we had a small house at the time and of course...cute. Our last stop was petsmart and it Adoption day. Right out front there was a group of black tuxedo lab mixes and a smaller Black and Tan pup that looked like a min pin. My mom walked by saying we should look inside. There wasn’t many pups but an old retired racing greyhound. She was sweet but wouldn’t last for more than a few years. My attention returned to the pup outside and my mom gave me a choice. Either we could get this pup now or we could wait and get the wiener dog we’d looked are earlier in the day. I chose him. We learned that he was a rescue who’d bounced from foster home to foster home and there was someone interested but didn’t want to get him that day. Her loss. The employee said he was sixish months old and was a min pin and wouldn’t get any bigger. After we bought him we took him into the store and bought supplies (he had no idea what a leash was and didn’t intend to learn that day). Our first night was rough. My dad and I stayed up until four watching him, cleaning up his accidents since he wasn’t potty trained. Skipping awhile, we come to when we bought our first chickens. Buddie (intentionally spelled that way because seven yo me wanted him to have individuality) grew up surrounded by cats and kittens but never prey. I was nervous and never let him around them. However when they got older my dad and I took him into the pen and sat there with him repeating “those are my chickens”. The only time he’s ever “attacked” one of the chickens was when my Dominecker rooster was about attack me and Buddie just pushed him to the ground. Now he’s not the easiest dog to deal with, he barks at absolutely everything and is super high strung. Not to mention he chases the neighbors cars as they drive by and he’s...kind of an idiot sometimes. We’ve had scares. Him running off in my grandmas neighborhood, getting attacked by my cousins dog (even though my dad thinks my uncle kicked him) getting caught in barbed wire chasing something, getting sprayed in the face by a skunk and then rubbing it everywhere, disappearing in the woods, snapping at my horse’s legs while we’re training, biting the truck tires and barking like heck. You know the normal stuff. But all that to say that despite all the crap he’s done, after nine long years of not actually knowing what breed he was (Manchester terrier) and all the training I absolutely love him. It’s all payed off in the end. I don’t like to think about what I’ll do when I go to college and I won’t have my snuggle bug with me to curl up on my bed, moaning and pawing at my blanket to let him in.
AA2994A2-B424-47FE-A18A-2BD5EDB654BE.jpeg

(Ignore Meko the yorkie he was they were watching us make dinner)
A08EB4CD-0C1B-475C-AE8D-02FA4954D98E.jpeg
Meko giving Buddie kisses, he doesn’t like it
2A480981-9D6D-4E07-B560-ACF9A204B967.jpeg

Chillin’ like a villain

about nine years ago my parents decided that they were ready to give into my pleas for a puppy. So my mom and I spent st Patrick’s day going from store to store, shelter to shelter looking for the perfect pup, not too old but old enough to train, smaller breed since we had a small house at the time and of course...cute. Our last stop was petsmart and it Adoption day. Right out front there was a group of black tuxedo lab mixes and a smaller Black and Tan pup that looked like a min pin. My mom walked by saying we should look inside. There wasn’t many pups but an old retired racing greyhound. She was sweet but wouldn’t last for more than a few years. My attention returned to the pup outside and my mom gave me a choice. Either we could get this pup now or we could wait and get the wiener dog we’d looked are earlier in the day. I chose him. We learned that he was a rescue who’d bounced from foster home to foster home and there was someone interested but didn’t want to get him that day. Her loss. The employee said he was sixish months old and was a min pin and wouldn’t get any bigger. After we bought him we took him into the store and bought supplies (he had no idea what a leash was and didn’t intend to learn that day). Our first night was rough. My dad and I stayed up until four watching him, cleaning up his accidents since he wasn’t potty trained. Skipping awhile, we come to when we bought our first chickens. Buddie (intentionally spelled that way because seven yo me wanted him to have individuality) grew up surrounded by cats and kittens but never prey. I was nervous and never let him around them. However when they got older my dad and I took him into the pen and sat there with him repeating “those are my chickens”. The only time he’s ever “attacked” one of the chickens was when my Dominecker rooster was about attack me and Buddie just pushed him to the ground. Now he’s not the easiest dog to deal with, he barks at absolutely everything and is super high strung. Not to mention he chases the neighbors cars as they drive by and he’s...kind of an idiot sometimes. We’ve had scares. Him running off in my grandmas neighborhood, getting attacked by my cousins dog (even though my dad thinks my uncle kicked him) getting caught in barbed wire chasing something, getting sprayed in the face by a skunk and then rubbing it everywhere, disappearing in the woods, snapping at my horse’s legs while we’re training, biting the truck tires and barking like heck. You know the normal stuff. But all that to say that despite all the crap he’s done, after nine long years of not actually knowing what breed he was (Manchester terrier) and all the training I absolutely love him. It’s all payed off in the end. I don’t like to think about what I’ll do when I go to college and I won’t have my snuggle bug with me to curl up on my bed, moaning and pawing at my blanket to let him in. View attachment 1867241
(Ignore Meko the yorkie he was they were watching us make dinner)View attachment 1867243 Meko giving Buddie kisses, he doesn’t like itView attachment 1867248
Chillin’ like a villain

Interesting story of how you met Buddie and all the excitement living with him! When you go to college, it will be all the sweeter to go home and visit

Back
Top Bottom