Tiny Beauties,PLEASE tell me what These are!!!!!

chick-among-us

Songster
8 Years
Dec 10, 2011
Dayton,Texas
We won an auction on Ebay and the lady had bantam Serama,d'uccle,cochin,silkie,frizzle, eggs...we hatched them and love all the little suprises...however wanna know what they are in order to know where we should place them ....and this one is so little and this color is on another bird that is bigger and maybe furrier...ALL these babies have furry feet... some alot some a little...HELP! HEre are some pics.

A.

B.

C. Frizzle????

The first one looks like it might be a mille fleur d'uccle. I'm guessing it's a little cockerel, by the way. Do you know if the chicks are purebreed, or if they might be a mix of the listed breeds? The frizzle might be a silkie, based on the leg and foot color. Does it have extra toes? Not sure about the middle one. Maybe a partridge cochin?

Mille Fleur d'Uccle, partridge or gold laced Cochin, and Frizzle something.
tongue.png
That one could be either Silkie or Cochin, as both can be frizzled. I'd go with Cochin before Silkie though.

sorry not milli d'uccle they dont have any patterens till they are at least 2 months old and there is way to much color on what looks like a cockerel for a it to be a milli of any sort also there isnt a beard. as far as breed try waiting a bit longer. if the seller had them all penned up then they are possablly all mixes.
the last one is a frizzle but the other 2 could be anything i'm thinking serma mixes

this is a millie d'uccle

Last edited:
ya'll are so awesome! And yes they were all free ranging together so there ARE mixes of all the breeds listed,hers are all pure. About five have five toes maybe two have black feet and only one has all black skin and five toes... ALL have furry legs and feet...Thought serama were clean legged,but they have this kind of feather pattern yes? Some have little puffy cheeks...Havent noticed any beards...

yeah sounds like all these are mixed...let me ask this...if a silkie has five toes and light skin is it a mix or a pure..I'm sure its wrong anyhow.....like a silkie got with another silkie in that mix of birds... and what if it has black skin and five toes. And looks mostly right? I think these "silkies" will need to go into the bantam house and NOT into the silkie breeding program of Debs!
lau.gif
They are precious little puddin's every one! so it matters little ...we have a bantam thing and what on earth does one DO with a bantam...you have to eat 5 eggs...to get breakfast,and will I EVER wanna eat a possible bantam? ummmm no. Im gonna incubate everyone of em! chicken mathhhhh...
he.gif

The first pic has a serama face. Looks like a serama crossed with a d'uccle. If they are all running with a d'uccle roo, that would explain the feathered feet and legs on them all. The last one is a frizzle but probably crossed with d'uccle too.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom