Tiny grain like dots on my eggs

jolenew

In the Brooder
May 1, 2016
Hello last couple of days I’ve seen this on my eggs - looks and feels like sand. Rubs off. Rings around the egg. Seems to be just one chicken I think. Picture attached. I googled and checked my chicken health books and I can’t find anything on it.
3583CBFD-8B09-412B-939E-3EFA690BCF0D.jpeg

Hello last couple of days I’ve seen this on my eggs - looks and feels like sand. Rubs off. Rings around the egg. Seems to be just one chicken I think. Picture attached. I googled and checked my chicken health books and I can’t find anything on it. View attachment 2092300
I have a maran that lays eggs with exactly the same deposits on. I first thought it could be lice eggs but I scratched some of and crushed them and they left a white powdery deposit. So it's just a calcium deposit. Nothing to worry about!

I have a maran that lays eggs with exactly the same deposits on. I first thought it could be lice eggs but I scratched some of and crushed them and they left a white powdery deposit. So it's just a calcium deposit. Nothing to worry about!
Thank you! That’s what I was hoping for

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom