tips and secrets of the GQF 1502 sportsman...

Pics
Got 1 off Craig's list. So excited! Where can I find the clear door? Mine is older with the metal sliding trays.
welcome-byc.gif
Does it have wafer thermostats or an electronic one? I don't remember off hand where I got my clear door but will try to figure it out. I actually like my older cabinet. I like having the trays to put the racks in.

:welcome Does it have wafer thermostats or an electronic one? I don't remember off hand where I got my clear door but will try to figure it out. I actually like my older cabinet. I like having the trays to put the racks in.
I will have to check. I just know myself and a clear door will cut down on me opening it and I want to watch the chicks hatch. Lol

I have a Sportsman's 1502. Bought it last year with the water filling bucket but didn't use it. Decided to hook it up this year but frustrated the way the hoses attach. I can't take the water tray out to clean it now and am unable to adjust the float to get the water level up closer to the top. It's made where it can't be adjusted. The highest I'm getting the humidity to is around 40 and I need more like 55 to 60 for peafowl eggs. I know some say water level doesn't matter but it does. With the tray full to the top the humidity is higher. Probably because the fans are blowing on the water easier with level not being half way down. I'm going to remove the metal guides on the bottom of the shelf so I can move the tray to the right and get another water tray on the left. I know the wick sponges bring the humidity up tremendously but can't afford to use them all summer. They wear out fast. I've tried other sponges but can't find any that work. I need some with lots of holes in the sponge to make them more pourous. Has anyone dealt with the issues I'm describing and found solutions? Thanks much.

I was told to use
I have a Sportsman's 1502. Bought it last year with the water filling bucket but didn't use it. Decided to hook it up this year but frustrated the way the hoses attach. I can't take the water tray out to clean it now and am unable to adjust the float to get the water level up closer to the top. It's made where it can't be adjusted. The highest I'm getting the humidity to is around 40 and I need more like 55 to 60 for peafowl eggs. I know some say water level doesn't matter but it does. With the tray full to the top the humidity is higher. Probably because the fans are blowing on the water easier with level not being half way down. I'm going to remove the metal guides on the bottom of the shelf so I can move the tray to the right and get another water tray on the left. I know the wick sponges bring the humidity up tremendously but can't afford to use them all summer. They wear out fast. I've tried other sponges but can't find any that work. I need some with lots of holes in the sponge to make them more pourous. Has anyone dealt with the issues I'm describing and found solutions? Thanks much.
I was told to use the sponges from the auto parts store?

These are what I have used in the past. I do have the ones that are GQF but have used these too. The O-Cel-O sponges allow the water to wick up when the air from the fan passes over, you get an increase in the humidity. I also only have a vent cracked open to help keep the humidity up but still allow a little air flow.
http://www.o-cel-o.com/wps/portal/3...Sponge?N=3294529207+3294310664+7581765&rt=rud
http://www.o-cel-o.com/wps/portal/3...duct/~?N=3294529207+3294310660+7581765&rt=rud

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom