Tips of Wings Dark

benkelssmith13

Chirping
Jun 10, 2019
Wondering if this is cause for concern or what is going on.... We have 3 adult Perkins & they all have darker feathers on the edge of their wings-like an orangey brown.

Well we’d like pictures so we can see what your talking about and also what your feeding including snacks
I thought of that after I posted! I'll attach a pic.... I would have to check their food but it has always been one for all flock. They don't get very many snacks.... Mostly just lettuce, tomatoes, maybe cantaloupe or watermelon rind but the chickens normally eat anything first that is thrown in there.
IMG_20200722_193434684.jpg
IMG_20200722_193434684.jpg

Pekins tend to get their feathers dirty and worn out (Especially their primaries) as they age. By providing a sufficient deep water source you can alleviate the feather damage, but it's still going to happen. So my questions are, how old are they, and what kind of water source are you providing them with?

Pekins tend to get their feathers dirty and worn out (Especially their primaries) as they age. By providing a sufficient deep water source you can alleviate the feather damage, but it's still going to happen. So my questions are, how old are they, and what kind of water source are you providing them with?
They are only a year and a half.... They get a kiddie pool of water filled up in the summer. I wondered if it could just be dirt but it seemed weird to only be on those feathers.

Back
Top Bottom