to all premenopausal women!!! and their better halves

I just turned 46 and have been told I'm in the transition from peri-menopause to full-blown menopause. I took progesterone cream for a year and then this year starting in January I started on Prempro. I wanted to take HR. I have had such a mild menopause. Other than loss of periods (which are back somewhat due to HR) I haven't had anxieties or heart palpitations or many of the other awful symptoms I've heard about. I had very mild hot flashes at night that have also gone away. It took me two years to even realize I was in peri. I was a member of a menopause message board, but everyone was so negative that I finally stopped going there~ imagine that!
smile.png

Every person's situation is different. One of my friends breezed through menopause with no symptoms. Another one felt very comfortable just by reducing sugar in her diet.

The key is, to do what works for YOU, not what worked for someone else.

I'm just turning 43 soon, and having the most AWFUL hot flashes EVER! Otherwise, no gouchyness...sometime a little sensitive so my hubby always trys to be SO nice
big_smile.png
What I hate is you just never know when TOM will come...will it be THIS month or in three months!? He happens to LOVE menopause he says. I wonder if it has to do with me taking off all my clothes during odd times of the day???
idunno.gif
He's so weird! I can't believe how hot and uncomfortabel it is to go through this
barnie.gif

oh yeah, heart palpitations! i had those too! i hated them!!! so i went on CoQ10 and i haven't had them since.....well, maybe one or two in the past 9 or 10 months....which is better than every other day like i WAS having! but of course everybody is different. i'm just saying what's worked for me. oh, and weight gain around the middle! FUN!! i've always managed to keep my weight around 110 - 115.....i'm guessing i weight about 120ish now.....and i'm having the darndest time with this GUT!!!!

hmm....i wonder if it's better to live alone during this time? i guess it depends on what type of hubby you have (mine is pretty good, he's learning ALL about it...lol)....but i can't help but feel sorry for the guys either. i like to compare it to this.....when hubby tried to quit smoking, he was crabby for about 3 days.....well, 3 days is nothin compared to 3 or so YEARS!!! lol! i do know one thing.....i LOVE being around my chickens during this time. they really are therapeutic! i have one particular girl who just loves to snuggle! she's awesome!!!

Last edited:
mom'sfolly :

For all you young women out there....have your kids early or very late. I had my kids sort of late, mid-thirties. This gives our family the wonderful experience of having puberty and menopause going on at the same time. Nobody warned me!!!!!
he.gif
This constitutes poor planning on someone's part, or the proof that the universe has a sense of humor. It is a good thing that someone has a sense of humor, because I have trouble finding mine, these days.
wink.png

hide.gif
WOW your house sounds like a bubbling pot of hormons. You need a caution sign on the property line!
gig.gif

Having your thyroid checked is also very important at this time of our lives AND TAKE YOUR VIT. D.
Well a storm is comming unplugging the computer!!!!!!

Lurking and all of you are scaring the c*** out of me
sad.png

Had my first hot flash yesterday and hoping its the new meds my doc put me on (eventhough it isn't a listed side effect).

Guess I had better subscribe so I know what I am in for... was
fl.gif
I could just skip it.

I haven't been on any meds yet........welsummerchicks had some good points that makes me think again about going "natural". Many of the women in my family already had their parts taken out or uterus burned out before they ever hit 40. My mother had hers done when she was 35 and sis had hers done when she was 38. No amount of meds or BC would help and the only thing was to take the uterus out. Fibroids or cysts are so common in my female cousins, they had theirs taken out as well. I am the lucky few that still have my parts intact and entering periomenopause.

A big
hugs.gif
to all of us in here!

Back
Top Bottom