To my Black Australorp experts please tell me if this is a roo

So Maven the one I was afraid was a roo is a afraid of everything and I mean everything. Well she isnt afraid of me shes very attached to me shes like a puppy i just reach out and grab her and plop her on my lap and everything. So I just got my "6 week" Salmon Faverolle in the mail, this thing is tiny and full of baby fuzz yet. Well I just introduced her to Maven and Pandora and this little thing just wants to hide under Maven or follow Maven around and what does Maven do???? Runs and hides or jumps on my lap! Pandora just acts like shes not even there. I find myself laughing and saying "oh Mave stop being such a chicken"!

So Maven the one I was afraid was a roo is a afraid of everything and I mean everything. Well she isnt afraid of me shes very attached to me shes like a puppy i just reach out and grab her and plop her on my lap and everything. So I just got my "6 week" Salmon Faverolle in the mail, this thing is tiny and full of baby fuzz yet. Well I just introduced her to Maven and Pandora and this little thing just wants to hide under Maven or follow Maven around and what does Maven do???? Runs and hides or jumps on my lap! Pandora just acts like shes not even there. I find myself laughing and saying "oh Mave stop being such a chicken"!

Yep! We've been doing limited supervised introductions to see what the big girls will do about the little girls.
3 reactions: 1. big girls run like you just put an possum in their coop, 2. big girls follow, corner and peck the new arrival (both my Speckled Sussex do this as a team), 3. "eh, whatever".

Im still waiting for our new coop to be delivered it was supposed to be here the 2 Black Australorps are in the house and the are almost 8 weeks and they need to go outside. I still need to introduce them to my 4 Buff Orpingtons and I have this feeling it will be a long process. Ive been taking the newbies out every day so the 4 Buffs can see them and there was one incident but thats it. My old coop is too small for all of them but the old will not go until everyone is used to each other and getting along. My 1 Buff Orp was so sweet then went Broody and ever since isnt so sweet anymore and it breaks my heart, shes the one i dont trust.

That's funny! A chicken being - a chicken! Kind of like when I say "silly goose!" when my chickens do ridiculous things!

That's funny! A chicken being - a chicken! Kind of like when I say "silly goose!" when my chickens do ridiculous things!

Exactly! Haha! My little Salmon Faverolle seems like she is trying so hard to fit in and my Black Australorps are like running to me to save them and i just laugh. They did it again today and its the bigger one that is the worst! She jumps on my lap like please save me from this teenie tiny monster. I just look at her and shake my head. Weird thing is my biggest Buff Orp came over and she is a BIG girl and Maven just stood there like nothing and didnt run and hide. My biggest is Luna and she rules the roost and she just came over looked and went about her business.

Exactly! Haha! My little Salmon Faverolle seems like she is trying so hard to fit in and my Black Australorps are like running to me to save them and i just laugh. They did it again today and its the bigger one that is the worst! She jumps on my lap like please save me from this teenie tiny monster. I just look at her and shake my head. Weird thing is my biggest Buff Orp came over and she is a BIG girl and Maven just stood there like nothing and didnt run and hide. My biggest is Luna and she rules the roost and she just came over looked and went about her business.
lau.gif
Chickens are so funny!

I am very happy to say both of my Black Australorps are in fact hens ! Maven the one I was concerned about is just very large compared to Pandora and her comb has always been bigger and just very red. They are both my scaredy cats but are so loving and just very neat. I love my girls! Thank you all for your input and positivity, LOVE THIS GROUP!

Back
Top Bottom