To think I was to chicken to post, was beyond me.

the-metal-peddler

In the Brooder
10 Years
Feb 12, 2009
PA far away from stupid people
Hello folks!!!

I joined BYC because I haven't a clue on how to raise happy chickens.

I know only two things, how to raise hogs, and copper.

So I came here to meet people that could advise me on chickens.

Some might say I was a city slicker gone wrong, I'll take that.

Some might say;" you can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy "
I'll take that too.

So I have only two goals, have happy chickens that lay eggs and are happy, and to have wonderful eggs.

Jason

welcome-byc.gif
Jason,

You better get comfy we all have a lot to teach you. Oh and don't be afraid to ask questions. We love to help.

Julie
frow.gif

Hello metal peddlar, and welcome!

We just got our birds this past August, so I'm new to chickens myself. But I've found that they are very easy and very rewarding. I think you will be very happy raising chickens; IMO, everybody should have a few! This is a great place to learn about them. Spend some time reading through the different threads and learning about what problems people have had and how they've solved them. And don't be shy about posting; this is a very friendly group and you will get lots of good advice.

welcome-byc.gif

So, do you do metal work? Or are you a trader? Just curious..

welcome-byc.gif
have you thought about what breeds you wanted, it seems like you want them for egg i would suggest some rhode island red or whites or some barred rocks or some sex links they lay good, but if you want a colorful hatch i would get some ee's they are nice too

Greeting from Arizona. You'll learn more than you need to know about chickens from the folks on here. All I knew about chicken, is that it came in a bucket with a colonel on the side, before I started hanging out here.
welcome-byc.gif

R.I. are my choice, they were free roaming on the farm. Brown eggs with golden yolks, big sturdy hens as I remember.

This might sound sad, but if we were having chicken for dinner, than it meaned I was pulling out a old hen for dinner.

Back
Top Bottom