To TREADLE or not to TREADLE, that is the question.

I really like the idea of this but they seem pricey. I would want more than one to keep the crooks from fighting over food access. How many chickens can use one feeder?
Depends on the size you make it I guess. Check out my post, it has the size of mine and how many chickens can feed at once from them

I've never used one since it wouldn't be cost effective for me as no rodents can get in my chickens run anyways.

As for chicken 'stuckage' :gig I'm sure if you made your own, you could probably add a slow close device/stopper thing onto the lid so that it gives time for the slower chickens to get their heads out!

I have one. Never had a girl get stuck. Six can get in @ 1 time & most of my ladies are quite large but even my bantams can use it without difficulty. I have 10 girls & do have to top up daily plus @ the evening feed I set up a 2nd feeding station.
20190927_155036.jpg

Thank you. Build it yourself doesn’t happen much here. :) I am intrigued, though. They seem to spill and scratch out as much as they eat.
I find there is less spillage than just using a tub. I am looking @ some of the tube feeders:
dfrc-now.jpg

My problem is I'd need quite a few to accommodate all my girls. And rodents could access these I think.

Back
Top Bottom