To Worm or Not? And, Piperazine dosage for bantams?

Have to share..found a great site...not sure it's been shared before, but if so, sorry, maybe somewhere else, but not here..good read anyway.
http://www.aviculture-europe.nl/nummers/06E05A10.pdf

I guessing dawg pretty much know's this stuff.
big_smile.png
Has some good pictures to go along.

Very nice article- thanks for sharing!

You're welcome..I like that it was put simply..laman terms for me, that's what I need .. spell it out for me! lol.. Pictures help. A lot of knowledgeable folks do that for us on here. Glad they don't mind helping when I ask!

I know this thread is OLD but I just read it and it is so valuable I thought it should be bumped up.

Not sure if this has been shared previously, sorry if I missed it!! but this seems to be fairly up to date, there seems to be a lot of varying info out there.

http://www.interchemie.com/veterinary-products/poultry/piperin-ws.html

This is for piperazine citrate which is what I am able to get here in Mallorca, Spain. It is in a 100g packet. The one I use is not from interchemie but it's seems to be exactly the same stuff from laboratorios syva s.a, Spain.

It states only two days withdrawl for the eggs. Don't forget many of these guidelines are exaggerated for extra leeway and safety.

Hey all, over the weekend I had found some worms in the chicken poo. One of my girls appears to be losing color in their feathers. All three of them are white l eghorns and the smallest of the bunch appears to be turning a brownish color. She was the one with what looked like worms in her poo and very runny. I had gotten this dusting stuff for my girls to help with mites and the way that it told me to apply seemed crazy, but I did it anyway. I dont know who got more on them, me or the chickens. :) Is there an easier way and is there anything else I can do to keep my girls healthy and happy? Please help....

Hey all, over the weekend I had found some worms in the chicken poo. One of my girls appears to be losing color in their feathers. All three of them are white l eghorns and the smallest of the bunch appears to be turning a brownish color. She was the one with what looked like worms in her poo and very runny. I had gotten this dusting stuff for my girls to help with mites and the way that it told me to apply seemed crazy, but I did it anyway. I dont know who got more on them, me or the chickens. :) Is there an easier way and is there anything else I can do to keep my girls healthy and happy? Please help....
Welcome to BYC! Any chance you could take a poop sample to a vet and have them check for coccidia, worms, bacteria and yeast? If not, you could worm them with something like Safeguard for goats or Valbazen. One can get Safeguard at Tractor Supply in the goat/cattle section.

• Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound orally for five days
or
  • Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound orally once and repeat in ten days.

-Kathy

Last edited:
Unfortunately I can't do the vet thing, but I will definitely pick up the medicines that you had mentioned Kathy. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom