TOAD EGGS!!

That really stinks
sad.png
totally understandable though.

I agree, but the results are pretty much telling the story. We have only shipped them by personal cars and they give poor results. I just can't imagine what the post office shipping would do to them.

I agree, but the results are pretty much telling the story. We have only shipped them by personal cars and they give poor results. I just can't imagine what the post office shipping would do to them.
thin shells too bad you had enough issues without having thin shells
maybe you need to have additional calcium added to their diets, like crushed oyster shells

wish you best of luck with them
hoping to add some to my cornish CX to ameraucana cross
still have one of my original crossed hens going on 6-7 years now
I keep crossing them back into cornish CX each year, they will vary depending on where the cornish CX come from

I raise the cornish CX hens and cross over to my roos works well don't worry about breeding then

will keep looking to see when toads become available

thin shells too bad you had enough issues without having thin shells
maybe you need to have additional calcium added to their diets, like crushed oyster shells

wish you best of luck with them
hoping to add some to my cornish CX to ameraucana cross
still have one of my original crossed hens going on 6-7 years now
I keep crossing them back into cornish CX each year, they will vary depending on where the cornish CX come from

I raise the cornish CX hens and cross over to my roos works well don't worry about breeding then

will keep looking to see when toads become available
The shells are not thin... the embryo or blastoplamsa or whatever it is called is touchy,,,,

In addition we have so few birds and getting the big boys to successfully mount the big girls and then get the hunk to enter the girls takes some luck...

I prefer to have them not shipped..the eggs are too rare to let the postal service throw them around..

The shells are not thin... the embryo or blastoplamsa or whatever it is called is touchy,,,,

In addition we have so few birds and getting the big boys to successfully mount the big girls and then get the hunk to enter the girls takes some luck...

I prefer to have them not shipped..the eggs are too rare to let the postal service throw them around..

sorry my misinterpretation I thought it was a shell issue
if your selling chicks will be looking for them when available
thanks for correcting me

winter can be difficult for us when we want to get going ;)
I've got a good amount of birds I need to cull but the cold is beyond what I can handle for butchering
will check in on you when things warm up
quick question, the latest version what is the genetics you've added lately?
thanks

Back
Top Bottom